A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Ericaism: Erica’s Pep Talk To Erica [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- How Houston Rockets Fans Are Hurting Ayesha Curry’s Business [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ronnie DeVoe With His Adorable Twins [PHOTOS]
- Erica Campbell Opens Up About Having To Be Strong During Warryn’s Medical Procedure [VIDEO]
- Love Talking: What You Think Of Love [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Anita Baker, Humanitarian Heroes To Be Honored At BET Awards
- True Hollywood Bible Story: Jesus Talks To The Children [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: God Is With Me Even On A Bad Day [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why You Should Never Leave A Voicemail For GRIFF [EXCLUSIVE]
- “Queen Sugar” Recap Season 3, Episodes 4 & 5: Family Business