A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Stuck On The Elevator [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Turn The Light On [VIDEO]
- Watch: Tasha Cobbs Leonard NPR Tiny Desk Concert [VIDEO]
- Houston Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson Baptized In Israel’s Jordan River
- James Fortune Releases New Single & Preps Lyric Video For “I Am”
- Erica Campbell, Jonathan McReynolds & More Play Game To Guess Gospel Artists Runs [VIDEO]
- Listen: Dee-1 & Jonathan McReynolds Team Up For New Song, “The One”
- Gene Moore Debuts Music Video For “Won’t Be Moved”, Co-Written By BJ The Chicago Kid
- Eva Marcille Shares She’s Having A Baby Boy
- Chicago Police Release Footage Of Jussie Smollett With A Rope Around His Neck On Night Of Alleged Attack