Erica Campbell‘s sister, Shanta Atkins, is not only a singer, but the executive director of the organization “Love Changes Lives.” She also travels to help build up rural, underdeveloped communities. Shanta talks about her song, “God Sees You,” and how the inspiration for it came out of her work. At first, Shanta says, she she didn’t know it would be a song, and just started thinking about the experiences of the people she has worked with.
Shanta Atkins explains how she listens to and helps women dealing with hurt, and how simply listening begins a healing process. Shanta also talks about empowering those who are suffering in silence, and think they have to “shut up about it.” Shanta explains how people can seek help for themselves in this situation. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Hank Aaron, Baseball Legend & Home Run King, Passes Away At 86
- Washington’s Jennifer King To Become First Black Woman Full-Time NFL Coach
- Congress Grants Waiver For Lloyd Austin To Become First Black Secretary Of Defense
- Former Baltimore Bookstore Owner Avril Haines Confirmed As Director Of National Intelligence
- Meena Harris Dressed Her Daughters In Matching Coats Just Like Auntie Kamala And Their Grandma Did In This Touching Throwback Photo
- Reversing Course: Joe Biden Signs Executive Actions Dissolving Trump’s Racist Policies
- EXCLUSIVE: Bishop J. Sheard Discusses How Coronavirus Hit Home For The Clark & Sheard Family [INTERVIEW]
- Oprah Gifted Amanda Gorman With The Jewels She Wore To The 46th Inauguration
- Mr. Griffin: Be Quick To Listen & Slow To Speak [VIDEO]
- Watch Tobe Nwigwe’s Inauguration Performance of “Wake Up Everybody” [VIDEO]