Erica Campbell‘s sister, Shanta Atkins, is not only a singer, but the executive director of the organization “Love Changes Lives.” She also travels to help build up rural, underdeveloped communities. Shanta talks about her song, “God Sees You,” and how the inspiration for it came out of her work. At first, Shanta says, she she didn’t know it would be a song, and just started thinking about the experiences of the people she has worked with.
Shanta Atkins explains how she listens to and helps women dealing with hurt, and how simply listening begins a healing process. Shanta also talks about empowering those who are suffering in silence, and think they have to “shut up about it.” Shanta explains how people can seek help for themselves in this situation. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirtley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More