Erica Campbell‘s sister, Shanta Atkins, is not only a singer, but the executive director of the organization “Love Changes Lives.” She also travels to help build up rural, underdeveloped communities. Shanta talks about her song, “God Sees You,” and how the inspiration for it came out of her work. At first, Shanta says, she she didn’t know it would be a song, and just started thinking about the experiences of the people she has worked with.
Shanta Atkins explains how she listens to and helps women dealing with hurt, and how simply listening begins a healing process. Shanta also talks about empowering those who are suffering in silence, and think they have to “shut up about it.” Shanta explains how people can seek help for themselves in this situation. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Family Members You Might Bump Into At A Black Funeral [VIDEO]
- Jonathan McReynolds Talks About Making Music People Can Relate To [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Anthony Brown Explains How God Pushed Him To Do The “I Got That” Music Video [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Joy Hill Speaks On How She’s Open To Love Again [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- How Joy Hill Found Her Inner Strength After Going Through Divorce [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Get Up Poll: How Do You Get Over A Breakup? [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF Prayer: God Bless The Counselors [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Kierra Sheard Started Her Own Clothing Line [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Ericaism: Fake Peace [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Keep Your Peace Of Mind [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]