Erica Campbell‘s sister, Shanta Atkins, is not only a singer, but the executive director of the organization “Love Changes Lives.” She also travels to help build up rural, underdeveloped communities. Shanta talks about her song, “God Sees You,” and how the inspiration for it came out of her work. At first, Shanta says, she she didn’t know it would be a song, and just started thinking about the experiences of the people she has worked with.
Shanta Atkins explains how she listens to and helps women dealing with hurt, and how simply listening begins a healing process. Shanta also talks about empowering those who are suffering in silence, and think they have to “shut up about it.” Shanta explains how people can seek help for themselves in this situation. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Rickey Smiley’ Mourns The Loss Of His Son Brandon
- Twins Involved In Columbus, Ohio Kidnapping Has Passed Away
- Revisiting Platform Accountability Coverage After Trump Reinstated To Facebook And Instagram
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Todd Dulaney Debuts “It’s Working” Featuring Bishop Hezekiah Walker
- HBCU, Tennessee State University Makes History With A Grammy Nomination of Their Project, “The Urban Hymnal”
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces “The Hope Revival” Tour
- TJ Holmes & Amy Robach Leaving ABC [UPDATED]
- Black Woman Awarded $1M After Oregon Store Clerk Allegedly Tells Her, ‘I Don’t Serve Blacks’