Five years ago, motivational speaker Robert Jackson has an idea to host a conference for boys and young men in Indiana.
Jackson’s hope was to make a way for young men to be encouraged and get training on the keys to success through impactful workshops, according to Wish TV 8.
Jackson created the No More Excuses: Stand Up Conference set to kick off on May 12 in its 5th year.
“Young men are going to leave differently then they came in; we have a lot of young men in pain, and we know the root of pain: frustration and fear,” expressed Jackson.
The conference will feature special guest speaker Hassan Rasheed an actor from the Marvel hit Black Panther.
Taking place at Lawrence Central High School, the program will provide breakfast and lunch for participants as well as handing out $6,000 in scholarship money, 10 laptops and 6 bikes.
If you’re interested in signing up, head over to robertjacksonmotivates.com.
- Chicago School Unveils Sports Complex Named After Michelle Obama
- Jay-Z To Reportedly Become Part Owner Of A NFL Team
- Black Dads Greet Students On First Day Of School
- North Carolina Toddler Helps The Homeless With Sales From Her Lemonade Stand
- 7 Bible Verses To Get You Through The School Year
- Rising Housing Costs Are Making Black Residents Physically Sick
- Everything We Know About HBCU Student Javaon Ousley Who Was Killed In Alabama Police Shooting
- White Woman Calls Police On Black Man For Looking At Her [Video]
- Faith Walking: They Tested Me [VIDEO]
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Involved In Fiery Plane Crash In Tennesee
(Source: Wish TV 8)
(Photo Credit: YouTube)
“Black Panther” Actor Uses His Role To Uplift Black Boys In Indiana was originally published on blackamericaweb.com