And congratulations to Pastor John Gray, who was overcome with emotion as he was welcomed in as the new pastor of Relentless Church on this past Sunday, May 6, 2018. Gray is taking over the former Redemption Church space as Pastors Ron and Hope Carpenter relocate to San Jose, Calif. to pastor. Gray and wife Aventer plan to relocate to Greenville, South Carolina in the coming months.
Carpenter asked believers in the building to encourage Gray, to “stretch your hand out to a man who is going to receive a great baton.” Moments later, he passed Gray a key that would unlock every door in the 250,000-square-foot building.
“I just wanted the devil to see how badly he lost,” Gray said to thunderous applause. “In a time when the nation is still so divided by class and by race, here, on a Sunday morning, white pastors just handed over their life’s work … to black pastors. In South Carolina. Hello, Relentless.”
- James Grear & Company Talks New Single ‘I Wanna Say Thank You’ Featuring Maurette Brown Clark
- The Role God Plays In Your Marriage | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Gordon Parks
- Gene Moore Sings About Love In His New Single ‘Beautiful’ Featuring India.Aire | Introducing
- Black History Moment: James McCune Smith
- 101-Year-Old Former Montford Point Marine Receives Congressional Gold Medal
- Legendary Skater Tony Hawk To Help Fund Skatepark In Honor Of Tyre Nichols
- Philanthropist Robert F. Smith, The Chopra Foundation Launch Mental Wellness Initiative For Black Youth
- Howard University And Georgetown To Launch Medical Humanities Center Aimed At Reducing Health Disparities
- Anthony O’Neal: Utilizing Your Skills To Help You Build Wealth | Money Monday
John Gray Installed As Pastor Of Relentless Church was originally published on praisebaltimore.com