And congratulations to Pastor John Gray, who was overcome with emotion as he was welcomed in as the new pastor of Relentless Church on this past Sunday, May 6, 2018. Gray is taking over the former Redemption Church space as Pastors Ron and Hope Carpenter relocate to San Jose, Calif. to pastor. Gray and wife Aventer plan to relocate to Greenville, South Carolina in the coming months.
Carpenter asked believers in the building to encourage Gray, to “stretch your hand out to a man who is going to receive a great baton.” Moments later, he passed Gray a key that would unlock every door in the 250,000-square-foot building.
“I just wanted the devil to see how badly he lost,” Gray said to thunderous applause. “In a time when the nation is still so divided by class and by race, here, on a Sunday morning, white pastors just handed over their life’s work … to black pastors. In South Carolina. Hello, Relentless.”
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Way Forever’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- Watch Trailer: Michael B. Jordan Starring In Tom Clancy Film ‘Without Remorse’
- In Celebration of ‘Coming 2 America’s Release, Amazon Prime Video Announces Partnership With Black-Owned Restaurants
- Watch: Shanta Atkins Releases Music Video For “Made Up My Mind”
- Feels Like Home: Israel & Adrienne Houghton Share Story Of How Their Supportive Marriage Encouraged Israel’s Album
- Healthy Ever After: How To Relieve Stress, Anxiety & Depression [VIDEO]
- They Got Next: Black Filmmakers To Watch
- The Jackson Water Crisis: Decades Of Disrepair, Disinvestment Frustrate Efforts To Restore Service In Mississippi
- Spike Lee Partners With HBO On 9/11 Documentary For 20th Anniversary
John Gray Installed As Pastor Of Relentless Church was originally published on praisebaltimore.com