And congratulations to Pastor John Gray, who was overcome with emotion as he was welcomed in as the new pastor of Relentless Church on this past Sunday, May 6, 2018. Gray is taking over the former Redemption Church space as Pastors Ron and Hope Carpenter relocate to San Jose, Calif. to pastor. Gray and wife Aventer plan to relocate to Greenville, South Carolina in the coming months.
Carpenter asked believers in the building to encourage Gray, to “stretch your hand out to a man who is going to receive a great baton.” Moments later, he passed Gray a key that would unlock every door in the 250,000-square-foot building.
“I just wanted the devil to see how badly he lost,” Gray said to thunderous applause. “In a time when the nation is still so divided by class and by race, here, on a Sunday morning, white pastors just handed over their life’s work … to black pastors. In South Carolina. Hello, Relentless.”
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Deitrick Haddon Recruits His Family To Star In Music Video For “Open Door Season”
- Cop Will Receive No Punishment For Killing An 11-Year-Old Riding A Bike
- Kanye West Shares His Faith Journey At Sunday Service In Atlanta: “Jesus Christ Brought Me Closer To My Family”
- Condoleezza Rice Wants You To Stop Calling People Racist — Even If They Are
- In Honor Of B.B. King’s Birthday, Check Out His White House Duet With President Barack Obama
- Meagan Good Reveals She Froze Her Eggs
- Fantasia Says Collaboration With Jazmine Sullivan & Brandy Will Not Be Released
- ABC Announces Beyoncé’s ‘Making The Gift’ Special
- Get Up And Move Exercise Of The Week: Agility Ladder Part 2 [VIDEO]
- Here’s Everything You Need To Know About William McDowell’s New Live Album, ‘The Cry’
John Gray Installed As Pastor Of Relentless Church was originally published on praisebaltimore.com