And congratulations to Pastor John Gray, who was overcome with emotion as he was welcomed in as the new pastor of Relentless Church on this past Sunday, May 6, 2018. Gray is taking over the former Redemption Church space as Pastors Ron and Hope Carpenter relocate to San Jose, Calif. to pastor. Gray and wife Aventer plan to relocate to Greenville, South Carolina in the coming months.
Carpenter asked believers in the building to encourage Gray, to “stretch your hand out to a man who is going to receive a great baton.” Moments later, he passed Gray a key that would unlock every door in the 250,000-square-foot building.
“I just wanted the devil to see how badly he lost,” Gray said to thunderous applause. “In a time when the nation is still so divided by class and by race, here, on a Sunday morning, white pastors just handed over their life’s work … to black pastors. In South Carolina. Hello, Relentless.”
- #BlackExcellence: Taraji P. Henson To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Louisville International Airport To Be Named After Muhammad Ali
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
- Social Services Worker Punched, Verbally Abused 13-Year-Old Boy, Family Says
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life
- Dance Coach Told Student Her Skin Was ‘Too Dark,’ Suit Claims
- Listen: Tasha Cobbs Preps New Music, “This Is A Move”
John Gray Installed As Pastor Of Relentless Church was originally published on praisebaltimore.com