ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- Ciara Shares Her Excitement Over Getting Accepted To Harvard
- Jason Mitchell Dropped From ‘The Chi’ Over “Inappropriate Behavior”
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis Speak On How They’ve Evolved With 30 Years In The Music Industry, New Album & More
- Blow The Whistle! Houston Rockets Confirm Their Twitter Account Was Suspended Due To Copyright Issues
- #SistasRockTheVote: Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin’s Mother, Running For Office
- Kelontae Gavin Debuts Music Video For New Single, “There’s No One Like You”
- Christian Coffee Company Donates Cars To Struggling Moms
- Auntie O Claps Back At Person On Social Media After Telling Her To Pay Off College Students’ Loans Too
- Queen Latifah And Will Smith To Produce Hiphop Infused ‘Romeo And Juliet’ For Netflix
- Hershey’s Redesigns Chocolate Bars For First Time In 125 Years