ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- Benita Jones Releases Music Video For “Good God”
- STREAM IT HERE: Deitrick Haddon’s Corona Relief Concert [VIDEO]
- Black Family-Owned Business Featured In New Amazon Commercial
- John Gray Joined By Steph, Ayesha Curry For ‘Home And Hallelujah’ On Instagram
- How Marvin Sapp Has Been Spending Time Social-Distancing [EXCLUSIVE]
- Quarantine Prayers: Erica Campbell’s Reminder To Keep ‘Praying & Believing’ [VIDEO]
- Man Arrested For Licking Items Inside Of A Walmart
- Reports Show U.S. Citizens May Lose 14 Million Jobs By Summer
- Divorce Rates Expected To Rise Due To Corona-Quarantined Couples
- Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Sanitize Your Groceries & Takeout