ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- “We Did It Again”: Todd Dulaney & Wife Expecting Baby No. 5 [VIDEO]
- Disney & Sony Cut A Deal For Rights To Stream ‘Spider-Man’ Films
- Michael B. Jordan Shares Why He Decided To Go Public With Lori Harvey
- Unarmed Father Of 10 Kids Killed By Police In North Carolina
- LeVar Burton, Robin Roberts To Guest Host Future Episodes Of ‘Jeopardy!’
- Anika Noni Rose Will Star In Showtime’s New Vampire Drama Pilot ‘Let The Right One In’
- Beyoncé and Lorraine Schwartz Award Three Scholarships to Increase Diversity in the Jewelry Industry
- Bodycam Footage Released of the Fatal Shooting of the Columbus Teen by Police
- Civil Rights Leaders Cautiously Rejoice After Derek Chauvin Is Found Guilty Of Murder
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty On All Charges In Death Of George Floyd