Now Apple wants us to use our phones less.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
After major shareholders criticized the addictive nature of the devices, Apple is announcing a new program that will (allegedly) curb everyone’s smartphone dependence.
A letter from investors who own about $2 billion in Apple shares read, “There is a growing body of evidence that, for at least some of the most frequent young users, this may be having unintentional negative consequences.”
The letter from the Jana Partners LLC and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System also requested that Apple research how smartphone use can influence mental health issues.
Apple engineers have been working on an initiative dubbed Digital Health, a series of tools to help users monitor how much time they spend on their devices and inside of certain applications. These details will be bundled into a menu inside of the Settings app in iOS 12, the likely name of Apple’s refreshed mobile operating system, according to people familiar with the plans.
Former Apple exec Tony Gadell said, “We need to have tools and data to allow us to understand how we consume digital media… We need to get finer-grain language and start to understand that an iPhone is just a refrigerator, it’s not the addiction.”
- Smokie Norful Teams Up With Illinois State To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines To 1,000 Chicago Residents
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Results From Her Keto Diet And She Looks Amazing!
- Merrick Garland Restores DOJ Powers Investigating Police Departments
- Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Dead At 51
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Expands Her Anser Wellness Line To Include Whole-Body, Beauty And Prenatal Supplements
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Tried To Run Over Black Children Charged With Racist Hate Crimes
- Drop The Mic: TD Jakes Explores The Power Of Words In New Book [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: Leave The Drama With Your Mama [VIDEO]
- Pure Comedy: Corinne Foxx Shares Her Top Five Embarrassing Moments With Her Dad Jamie Foxx
- Savannah And Zhuri James Are Melanin Queens In Gorgeous Mommy And Me Photo!
Apple’s New Health Initiative To Address Device Addiction was originally published on globalgrind.com