In what appears to be a little good-natured trolling, Michael B. Jordan spoke on behalf of his Black Panther co-star Chadwick Boseman by asking fans to stop asking him to do the “Wakanda Forever” salute. With fans speculating Boseman has tired of the gesture, he said ahead of the 2018 MTV Movie and TV Awards that he actually doesn’t mind it at all.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jordan, who won the “Best Villian” trophy for his portrayal of Killmonger, said in his acceptance speech that Boseman is over the salute.
“Chadwick Boseman, he personally asked me to ask y’all to stop asking him to say, ‘Wakanda Forever’ out in the streets. Y’all are taking this ‘forever’ thing a little too seriously,” Jordan said.
However, Boseman said before the show that he’s cool with it and even rocked the gesture for his mother since he didn’t do it at the awards ceremony after winning the “Best Hero” award for his portrayal of T’Challa AKA The Black Panther.
“I think there’s been so much talk online about me not wanting to do it, which is not, that’s not true, but I think people are scared to do it like, somebody gave me like a halfway one like they were kind of scared to do it outside. I could tell that they were trying to do it but they didn’t want to, so I think it’s stopping a little bit now,” Boseman said MTV on the red carpet this past Monday (June 18).
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Allergies Can’t Keep GRIFF Down [VIDEO]
- Tyson Recalls Nearly 70,000 Pounds Of Chicken Strips That Might Contain Metal
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Stabbing Priest Multiple Times On Live [VIDEO]
- Woman In Viral Maya Angelou Clip Comes Forward [VIDEO]
- Watch: Norway Cruise Ship Tilts At Near 45 Degrees Angle In Terrifying Video
- Florida Teachers Can Volunteer To Carry Guns On School Grounds
- Diana Ross Defends Michael Jackson After ‘Leaving Neverland’ Controversy
- Nursing Student Struggling Gifted Car From Stranger: “It’s Been The Biggest Blessing Of My Life” [VIDEO]
- Taraji P. Henson Shares Why We Must Model After Jesus Christ And Combat Hate With Love [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Cling And Jerk [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Chadwick Boseman Delivers Powerful Commencement At Howard University
1. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 1 of 7
2. Chadwick BosemanSource: 2 of 7
3. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 3 of 7
4. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 4 of 7
5. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 5 of 7
6. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 6 of 7
7. Chadwick Boseman at Howard UniversitySource: 7 of 7
How Chadwick Boseman Feels About The “Wakanda Forever” Salute [VIDEO] was originally published on hiphopwired.com