In what appears to be a little good-natured trolling, Michael B. Jordan spoke on behalf of his Black Panther co-star Chadwick Boseman by asking fans to stop asking him to do the “Wakanda Forever” salute. With fans speculating Boseman has tired of the gesture, he said ahead of the 2018 MTV Movie and TV Awards that he actually doesn’t mind it at all.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jordan, who won the “Best Villian” trophy for his portrayal of Killmonger, said in his acceptance speech that Boseman is over the salute.
“Chadwick Boseman, he personally asked me to ask y’all to stop asking him to say, ‘Wakanda Forever’ out in the streets. Y’all are taking this ‘forever’ thing a little too seriously,” Jordan said.
However, Boseman said before the show that he’s cool with it and even rocked the gesture for his mother since he didn’t do it at the awards ceremony after winning the “Best Hero” award for his portrayal of T’Challa AKA The Black Panther.
“I think there’s been so much talk online about me not wanting to do it, which is not, that’s not true, but I think people are scared to do it like, somebody gave me like a halfway one like they were kind of scared to do it outside. I could tell that they were trying to do it but they didn’t want to, so I think it’s stopping a little bit now,” Boseman said MTV on the red carpet this past Monday (June 18).
- Erica Campbell Performs “Help” At 26th Annual Gospel Music Explosion [VIDEO]
- Amber Guyger Is Fired For Killing Botham Jean Is His Own Dallas Apartment
- Italian Political Party Sues Italy’s First Black Cabinet Minister For Racism
- Michelle Obama Warns That ‘Other Folks’ Still Show Up At The Polls If We Don’t
- Why It’s Time To Invest And How To Get Started
- Google Launches Tech Exchange To Increase Racial Representation In Tech
- This 27-Year-Old Nigerian Is On His Way To Becoming The World’s Highest Paid Robotics Engineer
- Michelle Williams & Her Fiancé Chad Johnson To Star In Reality TV Show About Love
- Michelle Obama Officiates Wedding In Chicago [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Might Be In Prison On Monday
Chadwick Boseman Delivers Powerful Commencement At Howard University
1. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University1 of 7
2. Chadwick Boseman2 of 7
3. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University3 of 7
4. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University4 of 7
5. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University5 of 7
6. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University6 of 7
7. Chadwick Boseman at Howard University7 of 7
How Chadwick Boseman Feels About The “Wakanda Forever” Salute [VIDEO] was originally published on hiphopwired.com