Tara Jenkins, is the wife of Pastor Charles Jenkins and she loves the fact that he encourages her as well as stands by her teaching methods. She mentioned that they are very unconventional, but everyone still learns from them. Tara even spoke about how she does the “Thriller” dance before teaching at times and adds secular music into her message.
She talked about a sign that had been in front of the church for years about not wearing pants. Tara and her husband decided to take that sign down because this is a different time. She felt that she could possibly pushing people away that can’t afford dresses and other garments.
People come from different walks of life and it’s not right to tell them they can’t come in. Now everyone can feel welcomed and dress how they want. They can put on pants and listen to the word of God.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Allergies Can’t Keep GRIFF Down [VIDEO]
- Tyson Recalls Nearly 70,000 Pounds Of Chicken Strips That Might Contain Metal
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Stabbing Priest Multiple Times On Live [VIDEO]
- Woman In Viral Maya Angelou Clip Comes Forward [VIDEO]
- Watch: Norway Cruise Ship Tilts At Near 45 Degrees Angle In Terrifying Video
- Florida Teachers Can Volunteer To Carry Guns On School Grounds
- Diana Ross Defends Michael Jackson After ‘Leaving Neverland’ Controversy
- Nursing Student Struggling Gifted Car From Stranger: “It’s Been The Biggest Blessing Of My Life” [VIDEO]
- Taraji P. Henson Shares Why We Must Model After Jesus Christ And Combat Hate With Love [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Cling And Jerk [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]