One man is living the real-life The Pursuit of Happyness with his story of homelessness and searching for a job.
According to Mashable, David Casarez was a college graduate who moved to Silicon Valley hoping to launch a startup.
Unfortunately, he fell on hard times and had difficulty finding work, even with three years of software developer experience. David lived in his van until he wasn’t able to afford payments. Thus, he had to sleep in the park.
This, however, didn’t stop David’s hustle.
He stood on the side of the road in Mountain View, California, holding a sign saying he was homeless. But instead of asking for money or food, he handed out copies of his resume to folks passing by. “All I wanted was for one person to notice, take my resume and give me an opportunity,” he told NBC Bay Area.
A photo of David’s efforts went up on Twitter and gained thousands of retweets.
After this, the job offers started coming in.
David thanked everyone for all the support on Sunday.
Though David’s story isn’t necessarily going to fix a massive homelessness problem, it definitely can serve as inspiration for college-educated millennials on the struggle bus.
Stay strong out there! And stay inspired.
- Erica Campbell Is Pretty In Pink In Her New Video For “Feel Alright (Blessed)”
- Adversity Can Create Colossal Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Erica Campbell To Visit Seven Lucky Churches On ‘The Feel Alright Tour’
- Halle Bailey Makes History In ‘The Little Mermaid’ Opening Weekend & Her Family Emotionally Reacts In Viral Video
- Ralph Yarl Finds Support As Black Teen Who ‘Racist’ Shot In Head Struggles Through Recovery
- DOE Debuts New Single ‘Lead Us Again’
- Majority Of Americans Believe College Should Consider Race In Admissions, Poll Says
- GoFundMe Surges For Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Incident
- Get Ready And Get Set For Your Amazing Comeback | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Let’s Celebrate The Sacrifice Of Our Ancestors | Dr. Willie Jolley
Homeless Man Passes Out Resumes On The Street & Gets Job Offers was originally published on globalgrind.com
Kevin Hart Is Speechless After Sending His Daughter Off To Prom: ‘I Have No Words’
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Talks Pregnancy 'I Felt The Presence Of God This Time Around'
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Halle Bailey Reveals Sister Chloe Bailey’s Sweet Reaction To Seeing ‘The Little Mermaid’ For The First Time
Erica Campbell To Visit Seven Lucky Churches On 'The Feel Alright Tour'
GoFundMe For Sarah Jane Comrie Surges To Help ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Pay ‘Mounting’ Legal Bills
Viola Davis Stuns In Valentino At The Cannes Film Festival