Members of one NFL team called attention to police brutality and social injustice with their kneeling anthem protests on Sunday (Sept. 9,) the second game day for the league’s 2018 season.
Miami Dolphins wide receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson kneeled and drew praise from Colin Kaepernick, who filed a lawsuit against the league for collusion. “My Brothers @kstills and @ithinkisee12 continue to show their unwavering strength by fighting for the oppressed! They have not backed down, even when attacked and intimidated. Their courage will move the world forward! Love is at the root of our resistance!” Kaepernick tweeted.
There were other players who joined in with other displays of resistance: Miami Dolphins defensive end Robert Quinn raised his fist. San Francisco 49er receiver Marquise Goodwin also raised his fist during a game against the Minnesota Vikings; Los Angeles Chargers left tackle Russell Okung did the same. Denver Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas and linebacker Brandon Marshall, as well as Seattle Seahawks linemen Duane Brown and Quinton Jefferson, left the field during the anthem, reported the Minnesota Star Tribune.
As to whether the NFL will seek punishment against the players, the answer is likely no. The league has decided against implementing a national anthem policy this season, according to ESPN. The league and players’ union are hashing out issues and reportedly have not come to a compromise. They will continue to have discussions about the protests and how the league can address social justice. However, the league has yet to give a definitive answer as to whether players will be punished if they specifically kneel during the anthem this season.
- Top 10 Cities Where The Most Generous Practicing Christians Live
- Mr. Griffin: Who Are You Prayed Up With? [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Don’t Neglect The Power In The Name Of Jesus [VIDEO]
- John Witherspoon’s Cause Of Death Revealed
- Watch Tyler Perry Give a Private Tour of His New Studios
- Eric B. in Jail Over Warrant From 17 Years Ago
- Court Documents Reveal How Alexis Crawford Was Murdered
- When I Was Younger: How Travis Greene Learned That “Pace Is The Proof Of Trust” [VIDEO]
- New Research Shows Fewer Americans Believe In God
- Kevin Hart Gives Glory To God At People’s Choice Awards, His First Public Appearance Since Car Crash [VIDEO]
Gorgeous Photos Of Nia Franklin, The Ninth Black Woman To Win Miss America
1.Source: 1 of 10
2.Source: 2 of 10
3.Source: 3 of 10
4.Source: 4 of 10
5.Source: 5 of 10
6.Source: 6 of 10
7.Source: 7 of 10
8.Source: 8 of 10
9.Source: 9 of 10
Here’s How NFL Players Protested During Season Opening Week was originally published on newsone.com