Jonathan Lamont Jenkins, a youth pastor at Starlight Baptist Church was recently arrested for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old-girl at the church. The Christian Post reports that the assault happened during a worship service in the bathroom. Jenkins was arrested in front of a liquor store in Santa Ana.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He’s being charged with aggravated assault of a minor and being held on $1,000,000 bail. Police state that the young girl has been attending the church for two years and Jenkins had been making advances towards her since she was 12. The victim told police that she was held against her will, strangled and then sexually assaulted by Jenkins.
Cpl. Anthony Bertanga mentioned that Jenkins has a criminal history and was convicted for robbery, burglary, narcotics violations and more. Bertanga said, “The way he handled this child, in the manner he handled this child, in the location he handled this child, leads them to believe that potentially there are other victims out there.” Authorities are asking if anyone has more information on Jenkins to come forward.
- Kanye West To Release ‘Jesus Is King’ Movie [VIDEO]
- Report: Pastors of Larger Churches Are More Likely To Prioritize Counseling & Discipleship
- Mary J. Blige, Marlon Wayans And More Added To Aretha Franklin Biopic Cast
- Nipsey Hussle’s Alleged Killer Wants Attempted Murder Charges Dropped
- Devon Franklin And Cedric The Entertainer Will Produce ‘A Johnson Family Vacation’ Sequel
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Strengthening Your Core [VIDEO]
- Werk! Michelle Obama’s Six-Pack Pic Basically Broke Instagram!
- Shaquille O’Neal Provides Family Of 12-Year-Old Paralyzed In Shooting With Wheelchair Accessible Home
- Issa Rae Joins Forces With Atlantic Records To Launch New Record Label
- City Of Dallas Might Not Be Part Of Botham Jean’s Family’s Civil Lawsuit After All