Jonathan Lamont Jenkins, a youth pastor at Starlight Baptist Church was recently arrested for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old-girl at the church. The Christian Post reports that the assault happened during a worship service in the bathroom. Jenkins was arrested in front of a liquor store in Santa Ana.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He’s being charged with aggravated assault of a minor and being held on $1,000,000 bail. Police state that the young girl has been attending the church for two years and Jenkins had been making advances towards her since she was 12. The victim told police that she was held against her will, strangled and then sexually assaulted by Jenkins.
Cpl. Anthony Bertanga mentioned that Jenkins has a criminal history and was convicted for robbery, burglary, narcotics violations and more. Bertanga said, “The way he handled this child, in the manner he handled this child, in the location he handled this child, leads them to believe that potentially there are other victims out there.” Authorities are asking if anyone has more information on Jenkins to come forward.
- Barack Obama Congratulates Woman He Granted Clemency To After She Made The Dean’s List
- Missy Elliott Sounds Off On Her Legendary Career: “Everything I Spoke, I’ve Done”
- Woman Dies In Dominican Republic After Getting Plastic Surgery Against Her Family’s Wishes
- Justice Department Won’t Charge Officer Involved In Eric Garner’s Death
- Sen. Kamala Harris Lands Endorsement Of Major Civil Rights Attorney
- Ericaism: Who’s In Your Corner? [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives Us A Full Body Summer Workout [VIDEO]
- Pastor Held Armed Robber At Gunpoint Inside Church [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Proposes Investing $1B To End Nationwide Rape Kit Backlog
- Mother Of Nipsey’s Daughter Says Family Has Stopped Taking Care Of Her Since His Passing