In October of 2016, Pastor Andrew Brunson was placed under arrest and has served several years in prison. According to CNN, Brunson was charged with trying to help plot against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey. Even though prosecutors wanted him to serve a 10-year jail sentence, he was released based upon the time he had already served.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Donald Trump spoke out about Erdogan and how Turkey was handling this case. He accused the courts of holding Brunson in jail when they knew he was innocent. The Turkish government on several occasions accused the U.S. government of threatening them if they didn’t release Brunson. On Twitter, Trump said, “My thoughts and prayers are with Pastor Brunson, and we hope to have him safely back home soon!”
The Christian Post reports that a former Turkish politician, Aykan Erdemir gave a lot of insight to the hearing that happened. He mentioned that several witnesses that first testified against Brunson changed some of their stories. The witnesses denied that they knew nothing about Brunson’s alleged plot. Erdemir said, “Of the four witnesses who earlier testified against Pastor #AndrewBrunson, one claims reading the allegations in the news, another says he was misunderstood by the judge, and the last two claim that they first heard the allegations from one another. What a travesty of justice!” He also spoke about how poorly treated Brunson was. The former politician believes that Brunson deserves not only an apology, but be paid reparations. We will have to wait to see if any of that happens after he comes back to the U.S.
- The ‘Voice Of God’ Saved Men From Being Killed In Abandoned Vehicle Struck By 18-Wheeler
- Family Wins Lawsuit Against HOA Over Christmas Decorations
- Kenya Moore Shows Off Beautiful Daughter, Brooklyn Doris For The First Time [PHOTO]
- #Over40 – How To Stress Less This Holiday Season
- Praise! Chance The Rapper Going On Sabbatical To ‘Learn The Word Of God’
- Faith Walking: How To Get Your Faith Up
- GRIFF’s Prayer For People Who Have Not Decorated For Christmas Yet
- Family Of 4-Year-Old Shot Makes Effort To Change Residence Law
- Nine-Year-Old Commits Suicide After Being Bullied With Racist Taunts
- Dear Kings & Queens, Taking Mental Health Breaks Are Necessary