In October of 2016, Pastor Andrew Brunson was placed under arrest and has served several years in prison. According to CNN, Brunson was charged with trying to help plot against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey. Even though prosecutors wanted him to serve a 10-year jail sentence, he was released based upon the time he had already served.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Donald Trump spoke out about Erdogan and how Turkey was handling this case. He accused the courts of holding Brunson in jail when they knew he was innocent. The Turkish government on several occasions accused the U.S. government of threatening them if they didn’t release Brunson. On Twitter, Trump said, “My thoughts and prayers are with Pastor Brunson, and we hope to have him safely back home soon!”
The Christian Post reports that a former Turkish politician, Aykan Erdemir gave a lot of insight to the hearing that happened. He mentioned that several witnesses that first testified against Brunson changed some of their stories. The witnesses denied that they knew nothing about Brunson’s alleged plot. Erdemir said, “Of the four witnesses who earlier testified against Pastor #AndrewBrunson, one claims reading the allegations in the news, another says he was misunderstood by the judge, and the last two claim that they first heard the allegations from one another. What a travesty of justice!” He also spoke about how poorly treated Brunson was. The former politician believes that Brunson deserves not only an apology, but be paid reparations. We will have to wait to see if any of that happens after he comes back to the U.S.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Pharmacies [VIDEO]
- Baltimore, Washington legend Wes Unseld Has Passed Away
- #WendysIsOverParty Trends After Wendy’s Donates $400,000 To Trump
- Black Man Goes Viral For Being “FBI Agent” Who Was Racially Profiled By Cops [WATCH]
- Funeral Plans For George Floyd Announced In Houston
- George Floyd Protests: Resources To Help Anti-Police Brutality Protesters
- Trump Invokes Insurrection Act of 1807 To Attempt To Stop Nationwide Riots
- Independent Autopsy Of George Floyd Finds His Death Was A Homicide, Brother Calls For Peace In Protests
- Michael Eric Dyson Offers A Few Solutions To Combat Injustice [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Kidnapped Horses [VIDEO]