In October of 2016, Pastor Andrew Brunson was placed under arrest and has served several years in prison. According to CNN, Brunson was charged with trying to help plot against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey. Even though prosecutors wanted him to serve a 10-year jail sentence, he was released based upon the time he had already served.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Donald Trump spoke out about Erdogan and how Turkey was handling this case. He accused the courts of holding Brunson in jail when they knew he was innocent. The Turkish government on several occasions accused the U.S. government of threatening them if they didn’t release Brunson. On Twitter, Trump said, “My thoughts and prayers are with Pastor Brunson, and we hope to have him safely back home soon!”
The Christian Post reports that a former Turkish politician, Aykan Erdemir gave a lot of insight to the hearing that happened. He mentioned that several witnesses that first testified against Brunson changed some of their stories. The witnesses denied that they knew nothing about Brunson’s alleged plot. Erdemir said, “Of the four witnesses who earlier testified against Pastor #AndrewBrunson, one claims reading the allegations in the news, another says he was misunderstood by the judge, and the last two claim that they first heard the allegations from one another. What a travesty of justice!” He also spoke about how poorly treated Brunson was. The former politician believes that Brunson deserves not only an apology, but be paid reparations. We will have to wait to see if any of that happens after he comes back to the U.S.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Calling Card Trouble [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Debuts New Song “See The Light” With Jekalyn Carr [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Attaching Your Dreams To A Musical Message Can Keep You Motivated [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Killed 18-Year-Old Nia Wilson Indicted By Grand Jury
- Savannah State Eyes Layoffs Amid Decline In Student Enrollment
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- African Americans Who Lead HIV Diagnoses May Get Game-Changing Treatment
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away [EXCLUSIVE]
- Mr Griffin: Take Somebody To The Doctors Office [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Trump Loses To Obama With Student Debt Relief Ruling On For-Profit Colleges