Before John Singleton had passed, his family was already debating how his finances would be distributed among his family. His daughter, Cleopatra Singleton was arguing with her grandmother, John’s mother Sheila Ward, the woman in charge of the estate about how she would be taken care of during her father’s illness and later his death.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join our club. (Terms and conditions)
Now, according to TMZ, there’s been some type of resolution.
Cleopatra, a 21-year-old college student who is one of Singleton’s seven children, has been granted a monthly allowance.
A judge recently approved a $3,000 monthly allowance and a one-time fee to cover her semester abroad.
Cleopatra will receive $2,778 a month and a one-time payment of $4,150. Cleopatra filed this request in September, five months after her father died. She claimed that her father was the one who took care of her finances when he was alive and she needed the money in order to hold her over.
Singleton’s estate is worth $35 million and recently acquired an additional $500, 000. The money has yet to be divided amongst the late director’s relatives.
Stars Who Got Their Big Break In John Singleton Movies
1. Cuba Gooding Jr.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. LudacrisSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Taraji P. HensonSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Michael Rapaport4 of 10
5. Nia LongSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. TyreseSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ice CubeSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Joe TorrySource:Joe Torry 8 of 10
9. Morris ChestnutSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. HONORABLE MENTION: Angela BassettSource:Getty 10 of 10
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Jacky Clark-Chisolm Mourns The Loss Of Her Husband
- Gabrielle Union Fired From ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Civil Rights Activist And Priest George Clements Dies At 87
Judge Grants John Singleton’s Daughter A Monthly Allowance was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com