Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life
- Listen: Tasha Cobbs Preps New Music, “This Is A Move”
- GRIFF Prayer: Toys He Wasn’t Allowed To Play With [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: God Is My Source [VIDEO]
- FYI: This Is Why The Doll Of Serena Williams’ Daughter Has Over 90,000 Followers On Instagram
- Anti-Vaxxers Land On WHO’s Top Global Health Threats List
- Not On The Lord’s Day: Hotel Dishwasher Wins $21 Million Settlement When Boss Tried To Make Her Work On Sundays