Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- Anti-Vaxxers Are Using Colin Powell’s Death To Justify False Claims About The Vaccine
- Filmmaker To Watch Lawerence “LAW” Watford Aims To Tell A New Story of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s Legacy [Details Inside]
- L.A. County Wants Proof Of Vanessa Bryant’s ‘Severe Emotional Distress’ Caused By Cops Leaking, Sharing Kobe’s Crash Photos
- Louisiana’s Grambling State University Suffers 2nd On-Campus Shooting In 4 Days Leaving 1 Dead And 7 Injured
- The 13th Annual Spirit of Praise Bonus Footage
- Just “Ye”: Kanye West Officially Got A Judge To Approve His Name Change Request
- Apple Finally Unveils Its New MacBook Pros, Expect To Have To Give Up A Kidney To Buy One
- Dorothy Steel, The ‘Black Panther’ Elder That Began Acting At 88, Passes Away At 95
- Brother Of Patrick Mahomes Apologizes for Dancing On Top Of Sean Taylor Tribute At FedExField
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away