Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- Listen: Isaac Carree Releases “The Gift” Christmas Love Song Just In Time For The Holidays!
- Kel Mitchell Becomes Licensed Pastor
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Long Church Services & Hungry Churchgoers [VIDEO]
- A ‘Moesha’ Reboot Is Reportedly On The Way
- Michelle Obama Donates $500,000 To Support Global Education For Girls
- These Christmas Toys Totally Prove That You Were Born In The 90’s
- 7 Classic Holiday TV Specials That Remind You It’s Christmas Time
- Meet The First Black Ballerina To Dance The Lead In New York City Ballet’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- Syleena Johnson Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss
- 2 Confirmed Dead, Multiple People Injured In Naval Air Station Pensacola Mass Shooting