Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- China McClain: ‘I Am Doing God’s Work Now’ [VIDEO]
- Georgia Secretary Of State Officially Certifies Election For Joe Biden
- Missy Elliott Drops Serious Cash On A Dream Wedding Dress For Her Fan
- ICYMI: Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Reunion Special Joined By The OG Aunt Viv
- Kerry Washington Celebrates Sisterhood In Her New Partnership With Aurate Jewelry
- Johns Hopkins: Coronavirus Now Leading Cause Of Death In The U.S.
- Bobby Brown Jr.’s Final Tweets Reveal He Was In Love As Girlfriend Breaks Her Silence
- Trailer: “Saved By The Bell” Reboot Taps Lil Yachty For New Theme Song! [VIDEO]
- Black Woman Who Shot Unannounced Cop Serving Warrant Stood Her Ground, Lawyer Says
- Rest In Peace Bobby Brown Jr: Everything To Know About Tragic Death Of Singer’s Son