Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- Angela Simmons Has A New Boo, Boxer Daniel Jacobs
- Simon Cowell Breaks His Back While Testing Electric Motorcycle
- Say It With The Word: Scripture of the Week
- Keke Palmer Announces She Will Host The 2020 VMA’s And New Show On Disney Plus
- Are You Cleaning Your Phone Properly?
- Alicia Keys Is Launching A Skin Care Line With E.l.f.
- K-Ci Hailey Debuts Gospel Single, Reflects On Faith Walk [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Southwest Airlines No Longer Cleaning Planes Between Flights
- Michelle Obama Reveals She’s Dealing With ‘Low-Grade’ Depression
- Disney+ Announces Keke Palmer To Voice Activist Character For Revival of The Proud Family