Isaiah Washington chatted with Erica Campbell about his new movie “Behind The Movement,” which will airs on TVOne on Sunday at 7pm ET. role as E. D. Nixon, a crucial player in the organization of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Isaiah raves about the script, written by Katrina M. O’Gilvie. He says that when his family and friends saw the movie, they thought he threw his own words in there. But Isaiah says it was one of the few scripts “where all I had to do was follow the magic in the words.”
Isaiah also talks about the detail with which the director and the producer put the film together, by truthfully and fairly tell the stories of fourteen “regular people who were highly instrumental in creating, fathering and mothering” the civil rights movement. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Top Quotes From Bayard Rustin, The First Openly Gay Black Civil Rights Leader
- An Unexpected Pair: Barack Obama & Bruce Springsteen Launch New Podcast Together
- Urban One Submits A Proposal To Open First Black-Owned Casino in U.S.
- Expert Shares How All of Us Research Program Can Change Health Outcomes for Everyone
- James Fortune Debuts New Song With Isaac Carree, “It’s Gonna Happen”
- Houston Mayor Calls On Texas To Pay For Skyrocketing Energy Bills Following Winter Storm
- A Brief History of Black Sports Agents In Major Sports
- Eve Is Returning To Scripted Television In New ABC Pilot ‘Queens’
- Witness To Grace: Dr. Franklyn Richardson Discusses ‘Testimony of Favor’ In New Book
- Regina King To Star In Upcoming Shirley Chisholm Biopic