St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will take $412 million dollars to build an advanced research center. At this center it will be complete with glass-walled laboratories and give scientist a chance to share new ideas. The 625,000-square-foot building will begin construction in the spring.
According to Commercial Appeal, everything involving the research hospital should be done in 2021. Over 5,000 construction workers and 125 vendors will take one of the biggest projects the city has ever seen. Dr. James R. Downing said, “It will really be a state-of-the-art research center, unlike anything else built in the United States. What we’re really trying to do is enhance the collaborative space where people can interact. In many research buildings, researchers are sequestered away.”
This particular center will have a number of labs devoted to gene editing, immunotherapy and neurobiology. Downing said, “It’s really focused on fundamental biology processes that are altered under cancer and other catastrophic disease processes.” For so many years St. Jude has helped raise the survival rate in developed countries.
- Smokie Norful Teams Up With Illinois State To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines To 1,000 Chicago Residents
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Results From Her Keto Diet And She Looks Amazing!
- Merrick Garland Restores DOJ Powers Investigating Police Departments
- Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Dead At 51
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Expands Her Anser Wellness Line To Include Whole-Body, Beauty And Prenatal Supplements
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Tried To Run Over Black Children Charged With Racist Hate Crimes
- Drop The Mic: TD Jakes Explores The Power Of Words In New Book [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: Leave The Drama With Your Mama [VIDEO]
- Pure Comedy: Corinne Foxx Shares Her Top Five Embarrassing Moments With Her Dad Jamie Foxx
- Savannah And Zhuri James Are Melanin Queens In Gorgeous Mommy And Me Photo!