St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will take $412 million dollars to build an advanced research center. At this center it will be complete with glass-walled laboratories and give scientist a chance to share new ideas. The 625,000-square-foot building will begin construction in the spring.
According to Commercial Appeal, everything involving the research hospital should be done in 2021. Over 5,000 construction workers and 125 vendors will take one of the biggest projects the city has ever seen. Dr. James R. Downing said, “It will really be a state-of-the-art research center, unlike anything else built in the United States. What we’re really trying to do is enhance the collaborative space where people can interact. In many research buildings, researchers are sequestered away.”
This particular center will have a number of labs devoted to gene editing, immunotherapy and neurobiology. Downing said, “It’s really focused on fundamental biology processes that are altered under cancer and other catastrophic disease processes.” For so many years St. Jude has helped raise the survival rate in developed countries.
- Mr. Griffin: Are You Walking In Your Purpose? [VIDEO]
- Kierra Sheard Debuts Song With Karen Clark Sheard, Opens Up About Married Life & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- Super Bowl Gospel Celebration 2021: Rickey Smiley To Host; Erica Campbell, PJ Morton & More To Perform
- College Cheerleader Is Kicked Off Her Team For Wearing A Bonnet To Practice
- Biden Administration To Expedite Tubman $20 Bill
- Cat’s Birthday Party Leads to COVID-19 Spread
- Vice President Kamala Harris’ Husband, Douglas Emhoff, Begins Teaching Course At Georgetown Law
- Gabby Sidibe Shares Her Battle With Bulimia On ‘Peace Of Mind With Taraji’
- UCLA Gymnast Nia Dennis Lands A Near-Perfect Score With Her ‘Black Excellence’ Routine
- Trey Songz Arrested After Physical Altercation With Officers At Kansas City Chiefs’ Game