St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will take $412 million dollars to build an advanced research center. At this center it will be complete with glass-walled laboratories and give scientist a chance to share new ideas. The 625,000-square-foot building will begin construction in the spring.
According to Commercial Appeal, everything involving the research hospital should be done in 2021. Over 5,000 construction workers and 125 vendors will take one of the biggest projects the city has ever seen. Dr. James R. Downing said, “It will really be a state-of-the-art research center, unlike anything else built in the United States. What we’re really trying to do is enhance the collaborative space where people can interact. In many research buildings, researchers are sequestered away.”
This particular center will have a number of labs devoted to gene editing, immunotherapy and neurobiology. Downing said, “It’s really focused on fundamental biology processes that are altered under cancer and other catastrophic disease processes.” For so many years St. Jude has helped raise the survival rate in developed countries.
- Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Reportedly Passes Away
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Issa Rae Wore $3 Eye Shadow To The 2021 Emmys And We’ve Never Related To Her More
- Michaela Coel’s History-Making Emmys Speech Won The Night
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- As Aurora PD’s Racism Is Confirmed, Elijah McClain’s Mom Fears They’ll ‘Mess Up Again’
- The Guys from Issa Rae’s ‘Sweet Life: Los Angeles’ Use Their Platform to Promote Healing
- Wendy Williams Hospitalized For Psychiatric Evaluation While Also Battling COVID
- Video Shows NY Restaurant Deny Service To Family Claiming Religious Vaccine Exemptions