Faith and Christianity isn’t normally talked about on primetime, but on a new show on CBS it will be the basis of it. “Living Biblically” premieres this week and The Gospel Coalition reports that it’s inspired by “The Year of Living Biblically.”
The show is a comedy, but there is nothing funny about Christianity. This show is about the character “Chip” played by Jay R. Ferguson that picks up the Bible and wants to change his life around. He is also expecting his first child and turns to God for answers.
Patrick Walsh, the creator believes that he’s engaging audiences that are not only fascinated by religion, but enjoy comedy. He said, “I find they are both doing the same thing. What they are both angry with that the other side does, they are doing themselves. A big part of my pitch was that 84 percent of the world aligns themselves with some sort of religion, and it’s never talked about.” Will you tune into this new show?
- Kathy Taylor & Tony Grant Of ‘The Temptations’ Joins Houston Gospel Stage Play, ‘Soul Purpose’
- Healthy Ever After: Visioning For The New Year With Dr. Sabrina Jackson [Listen]
- Trailblazing Fashion Icon André Leon Talley Has Passed Away
- Georgia DA Who Justified Ahmaud Arbery’s Murder Not Seeking Re-Election: Report
- Sidney Poitier Death Certificate Reveals He Died From Combination Of Heart Failure, Alzheimer’s Dementia & Prostate Cancer
- Charles McGee, A Pioneering Tuskegee Airman Fighter Pilot, Has Died At 102
- Jennifer Hudson, H.E.R, And ‘Insecure’ Lead 2022 NAACP Image Award Nominations
- Prince’s Estate Has Finally Been Settled, Given A Valuation Of $156.4 Million
- Lusia Harris, ‘The Queen Of Basketball’ And First Woman Drafted By The NBA, Dies At 66
- Elderly Black Woman Exonerated After Spending 27 Years in Prison For Niece’s Murder