Jonathan Nelson was hanging out in the “Get Up!” studio. He shares how he balances his duties as a worship leader and an artist, and how he has transitioned from singing in his own family church, to singing on stages worldwide. Then, Jonathan talked about coming from a church that talks in tongues, and understanding that not every church is receptive to that way of worship. He also explains why he’s not bringing the artist in him to church when he’s worship leading on Sundays.
Best artists are the ones that organically come out of worship leading because God can trust them with the platform. Today, whatever my assignment is, God will breathe on it and give it life. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- University Bans Student From Handing Out Christian Pamphlets To LGBT Studies Class
- Mr. Griffin: Extend An Olive Branch [VIDEO]
- Woman Calls On Jesus After Being Shot At Church, Survives
- Good Hair, Bad Hair: 5 Films That Explore The Nuances Of Black Hair
- Griff’s Prayer for Funeral Arrangements [VIDEO]
- Thoughts? Justin Bieber Sings Marvin Sapp’s ‘Never Would Have Made It’
- Slain HBCU Student Anitra Gunn’s Boyfriend Has Been Charged With Murder
- Eva Marcille And Tyra Banks Reunite On ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- Vanessa Bryant Pays Tribute To Kobe And Gianna At Emotional Memorial
- iPraise Live Season 2 Ep. 1: Darius Paulk [Exclusive Video]