Pastor Sam Adeyemi preaches the word of God in Nigeria. When he first began he was taught that tithing was required of all Christians so that God’s blessings would pour over them. Christian Post reports that Adeyemi recently declared that tithing is no longer required because Jesus freed them of this practice.
He said, “So I say again, tithing as practiced under the Law of Moses as a regulation has expired. No Christian should feel guilty for not paying tithes. No Christian should be made to feel guilty for not paying tithes.” Adeyemi is the founder of Daystare Christian Centre and has over 20,000 members.
Adeyemi believes that things are changing and he doesn’t want people to feel like tithing needs to continue to happen. He mentioned, “Nobody should tell a Christian that for you to be accepted before God first or for you to be righteous you must pay your tithes. When Jesus said it is finished it was finished. There is nothing anybody can add to what Jesus did to be justified before God. All anybody needs to do now to be free from sin is to pray and ask for forgiveness.” What are your thoughts on no longer tithing.
- The Warren Shadd Story | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- A Prayer for Godly Leadership by Rev. Dr. Ralph Martino [LISTEN]
- Urban One Honors Backstage Pass Sponsored by Intuit TurboTax
- Here’s Your Monday Reminder To ‘Embrace Every Stage Of Life’ From Ciara
- The Jesse Owens Story: Outjump the Competition | Dr. Willie Jolley
- A Motivational Moment in Black History
- Urban Skin RX Delays The Aging Process With Their Latest Products
- The Lip Bar Just Dropped New Products, Here’s Why You Need Them
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
What The Spiritual And Biblical Meaning Of 11 Is
Authorities Respond To Reports Of Shooting at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church
One Hallelujah Tour is Coming to a City Near You: Tasha Cobbs Leonard, Jonathan McReynolds, Erica Campbell, Israel Houghton, and Jekalyn Carr!
Lecrae, Tye Tribbett & Kirk Franklin Among 2024 Gospel Grammy Winners
The Clark Sisters Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy
JUST MARRIED: Usher Weds Longtime Girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea In Vegas
Join "Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell" Morning Show Mobile Text Club!