Anna Golladay loves God and loved her job as an associate pastor at First Methodist Church. According to Fox 17, the superintendent of the ‘Scenic South District of the Holston Conference of The United Methodist Church’ revoked her license. During her interview she mentioned that she helped the church welcome the LGBTQ community.
Golladay said, “We started the revitalization process with an assumption of inclusion for GLBT folk and have not strayed from that and we knew that inclusion was going to very much be a part of our story.” She conducted a same sex wedding even though the Methodist church didn’t allow it.
She said, “If I am going to step out in faith knowing that I am potentially crossing a line based on the rules of a man-made book, I wanted to be intentional about that. I wanted to be sure that it was exactly what God intended me to do. I find it sad that the Church asks of me to be their pastor in always at all times, except for one day out of one year in their entire life. There’s something fundamentally wrong about that.” The decision has cost her the license and some of her church members are standing with her. We will keep you updated on this story.
- Listen: Isaac Carree Releases “The Gift” Christmas Love Song Just In Time For The Holidays!
- Kel Mitchell Becomes Licensed Pastor
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Long Church Services & Hungry Churchgoers [VIDEO]
- A ‘Moesha’ Reboot Is Reportedly On The Way
- Michelle Obama Donates $500,000 To Support Global Education For Girls
- These Christmas Toys Totally Prove That You Were Born In The 90’s
- 7 Classic Holiday TV Specials That Remind You It’s Christmas Time
- Meet The First Black Ballerina To Dance The Lead In New York City Ballet’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- Syleena Johnson Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss
- 2 Confirmed Dead, Multiple People Injured In Naval Air Station Pensacola Mass Shooting