Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Erica Campbell To Perform, Debut New Single ‘Praying And Believing’ On ‘Sunday Best’ Finale
- Russell Westbrook Launches Green Tech Program To Teach Youngins’ Digital Work Skills
- Texas School Colors Black Student’s Haircut With Sharpie For Being “Out Of Dress Code”
- Eva Marcille Reveals Why She Changed Her Daughter’s Last Name From McCall To Sterling
- Texas Cops Who Led Mentally Ill Man By Rope Won’t Face Criminal Investigation
- Tyler Perry Casts ‘Billboard Buying’ Actress In His New Series
- Taraji P. Henson Will Be Releasing A Hair Line Very Soon
- 2 Shot Near Clark Atlanta University
- ‘The Proud Family’ Might Return & These Updated Character Designs Reflect Nearly 20 Years Of Flyness
- Georgia High School Basketball Player Dies During Workout