Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Walmart Accused Of Racism For Locking Black Haircare Products Behind Glass
- Erica Campbell To Perform, Debut New Single ‘Praying And Believing’ On ‘Sunday Best’ Finale
- FAMU Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Sisters Give Back To Alma Mater Through Lipstick Collaboration
- Russell Westbrook Launches Green Tech Program To Teach Youngins’ Digital Work Skills
- Texas School Colors Black Student’s Haircut With Sharpie For Being “Out Of Dress Code”
- Eva Marcille Reveals Why She Changed Her Daughter’s Last Name From McCall To Sterling
- Coloring Book App ‘Color Noir’ Is A Visual Ode To Black Culture
- Texas Cops Who Led Mentally Ill Man By Rope Won’t Face Criminal Investigation
- Tyler Perry Casts ‘Billboard Buying’ Actress In His New Series
- Bryan Michael Cox Claims Jay Z Deterred Jermaine Dupri From Signing A Deal With The NFL Last Year