Earlier this year, reports came forth that Barack and Michelle Obama were in talks with Netflix to create original programming for the streaming media giant. Today, the deal was confirmed and announced which names the former First Couple as producers of new content that has yet to be revealed.
Netflix took to Twitter on Monday to announce the new joint venture and laid out the upcoming plans which landed the couple in Twitter’s trending topics and Moments rolls.
“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features,” Netflix tweeted.
It added, “The Obamas will produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features under their Higher Ground Productions banner” after linking to a Hollywood Reporter article reporting the news.
No word has arrived on what shows are in the pipeline for Mr. and Mrs. Obama.
- Black Families Get New Answers In Ancestry Thanks To Millions Of Updated Freedmen’s Bureau Records
- Kerry Washington Honors Michael K. Williams At 2021 Emmy Awards
- After Pfizer’s News Of Promising Vaccine Results, Concerns Linger About Vaccine Equity for Under 12 Year Olds
- Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Reportedly Passes Away
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Issa Rae Wore $3 Eye Shadow To The 2021 Emmys And We’ve Never Related To Her More
- Michaela Coel’s History-Making Emmys Speech Won The Night
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- As Aurora PD’s Racism Is Confirmed, Elijah McClain’s Mom Fears They’ll ‘Mess Up Again’
Barack & Michelle Obama Enter Multi-Year With Netflix was originally published on hiphopwired.com