Earlier this year, reports came forth that Barack and Michelle Obama were in talks with Netflix to create original programming for the streaming media giant. Today, the deal was confirmed and announced which names the former First Couple as producers of new content that has yet to be revealed.
Netflix took to Twitter on Monday to announce the new joint venture and laid out the upcoming plans which landed the couple in Twitter’s trending topics and Moments rolls.
“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features,” Netflix tweeted.
It added, “The Obamas will produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features under their Higher Ground Productions banner” after linking to a Hollywood Reporter article reporting the news.
No word has arrived on what shows are in the pipeline for Mr. and Mrs. Obama.
- Love Talking: Who Plans The Dates? [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Don’t Favor The Rich [VIDEO]
- GRAMMYS 2020: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- Chanel Iman & Sterling Shepard’s Family H&M Ads Are A Holiday Mood!
- Welp! This Is How And Why Tami Roman’s Hair Fell Out
- Say What?! Julia Roberts Was Suggested to Play Harriet Tubman in Movie
- 8-Year-Old Barred From Picture Day, Finally Gets Her Glamour Shot
- Orange Is The New Black Star Danielle Brooks Welcomes Her First Child! [PHOTOS]
- Evelyn Lozada Re-Dedicates Her Life To God: “I’m Not Living For Instagram Or Facebook, I’m Living For My Kids And God”
- Beauty Mogul Courtney Adeleye Contributes 30 Million To Fund Black Female Entrepreneurs
Barack & Michelle Obama Enter Multi-Year With Netflix was originally published on hiphopwired.com