Earlier this year, reports came forth that Barack and Michelle Obama were in talks with Netflix to create original programming for the streaming media giant. Today, the deal was confirmed and announced which names the former First Couple as producers of new content that has yet to be revealed.
Netflix took to Twitter on Monday to announce the new joint venture and laid out the upcoming plans which landed the couple in Twitter’s trending topics and Moments rolls.
“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features,” Netflix tweeted.
It added, “The Obamas will produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features under their Higher Ground Productions banner” after linking to a Hollywood Reporter article reporting the news.
No word has arrived on what shows are in the pipeline for Mr. and Mrs. Obama.
- University Bans Student From Handing Out Christian Pamphlets To LGBT Studies Class
- Mr. Griffin: Extend An Olive Branch [VIDEO]
- Woman Calls On Jesus After Being Shot At Church, Survives
- Good Hair, Bad Hair: 5 Films That Explore The Nuances Of Black Hair
- Griff’s Prayer for Funeral Arrangements [VIDEO]
- Thoughts? Justin Bieber Sings Marvin Sapp’s ‘Never Would Have Made It’
- Slain HBCU Student Anitra Gunn’s Boyfriend Has Been Charged With Murder
- Eva Marcille And Tyra Banks Reunite On ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- Vanessa Bryant Pays Tribute To Kobe And Gianna At Emotional Memorial
- iPraise Live Season 2 Ep. 1: Darius Paulk [Exclusive Video]
Barack & Michelle Obama Enter Multi-Year With Netflix was originally published on hiphopwired.com