The topic of depression and suicide is still being discussed and one caller wanted to know how he can help a loved one that needs counseling. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned to the caller that maybe he can bring her to the doctor. Sometimes people that are dealing with certain issues need encouragement to address mental health issues or be diagnosed.
If this doesn’t work then reach out to someone the person has trust in and have them speak about it. Dr. Ramel Smith talked about how having an eye on the person sometimes helps because you are watching them isolate themselves and more. When that happens it can become a snowball and things could possibly get worse. Remember to check on your loved ones and help them if you can.
RELATED: How To Recognize The Signs When Someone Is Dealing With Depression [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Erica Campbell Explains Why Depression Is Fear’s First Cousin [EXCLUSIVE]
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
RELATED: Celebrities Who Have Suffered From Depression [PHOTOS]
- Mary Mary, Coco Jones & Adam Blackstone Shut Down The Roots Picnic Stage
- 1974: Stevie Wonder Makes History… Again | Black Music Month
- 1973: The Birth of Hip-Hop | Black Music Month
- Review + Interview: ‘Shooting Stars’ Tells Faith-Filled Story Of LeBron’s HS Days, “GRIFF” Speaks With Director Chris Robinson
- LOL: Sherri Shepherd’s Wigs Fell Off While Reporting On Sarah Jakes Robert’s Powerful Wig Tossing Sermon
- Brent Jones Is Number 1 On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart this Week (Week of June 3, 2023)
- The Impact Of Courage On Your Success Journey | Dr. Willie Jolley
- 1972: Aretha Franklin Makes History With ‘Amazing Grace’ | Black Music Month
- Jacky Oh, Mother Of DC Young Fly’s Children, Dies Following Plastic Surgery: Report
- Issa For President: Issa Rae Reacts To Her Own Barbie Doll In New Mattel Collection Celebrating The Upcoming Film
Erica Campbell Is Pretty In Pink In Her New Video For "Feel Alright (Blessed)"
Kevin Hart Is Speechless After Sending His Daughter Off To Prom: ‘I Have No Words’
Jacky Oh, Mother Of DC Young Fly’s Children, Dies Following Plastic Surgery: Report
Review + Interview: 'Shooting Stars' Tells Faith-Filled Story Of LeBron's HS Days, "GRIFF" Speaks With Director Chris Robinson
Erica Campbell To Visit Seven Cities On 'The Feel Alright Tour'
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
Halle Bailey Makes History In ‘The Little Mermaid’ Opening Weekend & Her Family Emotionally Reacts In Viral Video
What The Spiritual And Biblical Meaning Of 11 Is