Marc Morial, President & CEO of National Urban League, spoke on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about the State Of Black America Townhall. It will premiere on TV One at 8/7c on Sunday, July 29th and moderated by Roland Martin. Morial spoke about the digital revolution and how it’s changing the world we live in.
He also questions on whether or not if the African American community will be apart of those changes. Morial talked about how there is a lack of Black people majoring in computer science and getting jobs in development. He also believes that Black people are under represented in Silicon Valley, where a lot of these jobs are.
Morial talked about civil rights being taken away and how social media is allowing us all to be advocates in certain ways. He also expressed that we must confront hate speech with truth talk. Morial wants everyone to go out and vote to make changes.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Gabrielle Union Paid Homage To Kim Fields’ Iconic Character, Tootie From ‘Facts of Life’ [Video]
- Mariah Carey Shares New Music With Kirk Franklin
- The Last Remaining Popeyes Buffett In The World Is Closed Forever
- Death Of Nick Cannon’s 5-Month-Old Son Draws Attention To Black Babies’ High Infant Mortality Rate
- Nick Cannon Announces The Death Of His 7th Child Zen
- NYC Announces New Vaccination Mandate For Private Employees
- CEO Fires 900 Employees Via Zoom Call
- ‘Aunt Viv’ Hospitalized: Pens Note To Will Smith
- November Jobs Report Falls Short of Expectations, The Build Back Better Act Could Expand Opportunity For Black Workers
- Pioneering Black Women From St. Louis To Be Honored By The Griot Museum Of Black History