Marc Morial is the president of the National Urban League. He talks about the No Ceiling On Success campaign, which is designed to highlight and challenge the disparities in education for black and brown students. Marc explains why we have to mobilize parents, teachers and community leaders to demand the best for our public schools. For our community to exceed economically, Marc explains, we need to ensure that our children get the best education.
Marc breaks down the path to preparing our kids for college, and making sure they have a plan for their education. Additional, he talks about things we can do to improve the schools in our neighborhoods, rather than having to go to other districts Marc also talks about how we can use social media to engage and become more informed about our schools. Check out this informative exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- #BlackExcellence: Taraji P. Henson To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Louisville International Airport To Be Named After Muhammad Ali
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
- Social Services Worker Punched, Verbally Abused 13-Year-Old Boy, Family Says
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life
- Dance Coach Told Student Her Skin Was ‘Too Dark,’ Suit Claims
- Listen: Tasha Cobbs Preps New Music, “This Is A Move”