North Carolina is one of six states where it is legal to sue a person who is engaging in a relationship with someone else’s spouse. A man recently sued the man who had been carrying on a relationship with and sleeping with his wife for over a year, for a total of $8.8 million.
Is that fair? The Alienation of affection law is in effect in North Carolina, Hawaii, Mississippi, New Mexico, and South Dakota. In these states it’s just “cheaper to keep her.” It is safe to say that there will never be a Love & Hip-Hop in any of those six states!
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Todd Dulaney Hits The Baseball Field For Jackie Robinson Day [VIDEO]
- Tamron Hall Delivers Baby Boy! [PHOTOS]
- Frankie Beverly Responds To Beyonce’s “Before I Let Go” Cover: “This Is One Of The High Points Of My Life”
- Joe Biden Announces He’s Running For President In 2020 [VIDEO]
- ABC is Bringing ‘The Jeffersons’ Back in a Live Presentation Starring Jamie Foxx
- Mr. Griffin: Stand On Your Rock [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: I’m Not Perfect, But God Is [VIDEO]
- Deitrick Haddon Debuts New Video For ‘He Carried The Cross For Me’ [VIDEO]
- Former CBS Exec Says Network “Has A White Problem” In Stirring Op-Ed
- Regina Hall To Deliver Dillard University’s Commencement Speech [VIDEO]