Pastor John Gray and his wife, Aventer Gray came by “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” to discuss his meeting with Donald Trump. About two weeks ago Gray and several other pastors received backlash for meeting with Trump and he wanted to explain to everyone what took place candidly. Gray mentioned that he got a call from a pastor he used to work with and the White House wanted to meet with them about prison reform and bringing offenders into the workforce.
Gray believes that the church has a platform and opportunity not only to reach people in prison, but also the White House claimed they would discuss lowering minimum sentencing. He saw it as a great opportunity to discuss it after they even said they would pull the felony conviction off of some prisoners. Doing that would allow them to vote and possibly help especially since voting is so important.
Gray went, but told them he didn’t want any cameras of video footage taken. Unfortunately, when he arrived that was a different story. They even placed his seat right next to Trump and through social media it looked like he was showing love to him. On top of that the things that were supposed to be discussed weren’t.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Black Woman In Virginia Becomes 1 Of 6 Living People In America To Turn 110
- Phaedra Parks Serves Serious Lewks At The Covenant Screening In Atlanta
- Jabari Johnson Borrows From The Bible For His Uplifting New Single “One Touch”
- 2 Trillion Thoughts: Jon Gruden’s Emails & The Raiders [Watch]
- Dr. Fauci Encourages Vaccinated Families To Enjoy Trick Or Treating
- Black Twitter Defends Garcelle Beauvais After ‘RHOBH’ Reunion Clips Surface
- Toni Morrison & Other Race-Related Books Requested To Be Banned By Virginia Beach School Board Member
- Unarmed Black Man Shot 7 Times While Being Called The N-Word, California Police Investigate Possible Hate Crime
- Get Marjorie Harvey’s Green Daytime Smokey Eye
- Letitia Wright Says Reports of Her Saying Anti-Vaccine Remarks On ‘Black Panther II” Set Are False