Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- #FinancialFreedomWeek: Wealth Building & Home Ownership With Egypt Sherrod [Listen]
- “Introducing” Jeremiah Hicks “God Will Provide” [Listen]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: A Timeline For Your Goals
- Ne-Yo Dishes On His Urban One Honors Hosting Fashion: ‘Imma Be Real Fly’
- Boris Kodjoe Makes His Directorial Debut With Lifetime Film, “Safe Room” With Wife Nicole Ari Parker
- Christina Milian On Being A Positive Role Model: ‘I Like Using My Platform For Better’
- Marilyn Mosby’s ‘Bogus’ Federal Indictment Is Rooted In ‘Racial Animus,’ Her Attorney Says
- Ciara And Russell Wilson Announce New Joint Fragrance, ‘The Fragrance Duo Harmony’ By R&C Fragrance
- Danielle Brooks Weds Fiancé In A Gown Designed By A Black Woman: ‘It Was Very Important To Me To Find A Black Wedding Dress Designer’
- Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby Indicted On Federal Charges