Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Kelly Rowland Speaks Out, Says She Felt Paralyzed By Beyoncé Comparisons For A Decade
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: Stop, Step Back and Think Your Way Through!
- Nick Cannon Apologizes For Anti-Semitic Remarks, Diddy Wants Him At Revolt
- North Carolina City Apologizes For Slavery
- Judge Sends Black Teen To Juvenile Detention Center For Missing Online Homework
- Porsha Williams Arrested At Protest For Breonna Taylor
- Natural Remedies That Could Help Covid-19
- Kanye West Reportedly Explored Getting His Name On Florida Ballots Before Bowing Out Of Presidential Race
- Your Mask May Be Giving You Maskne. Here’s How To Prevent Acne From Your Mask
- The Wendy’s Where Rayshard Brooks Was Killed Has Been Demolished