Erica Campbell dedicates her Faith Walking to Aretha Franklin. She mentioned that Aretha was a gospel, soul and pop artist that was able to sing different kinds of music. Erica believes Aretha gave courage to other artists that were told they shouldn’t sing different kinds of music.
Aretha was committed to music and shared it with the world. Erica also spoke about the time Aretha called her on the phone and how shocked she was. Aretha wanted to know about Mary Mary and so much more. Erica will forever hold that memory in her heart and will never forget what Aretha did for the music industry.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mr. Griffin: God Always Kept His Promises [VIDEO]
- Doctor In Danger Of Losing Medical License For Praying With Patients
- “I Lost Everything Twice”: Fantasia Explains Why She Cooks Her Own Food, Drives Her Own Car And Does Everything For Herself
- Wendy Williams’ Son Kevin Hunter Jr. Pleads Not Guilty To Punching Father In Assault Case [VIDEO]
- When I Was Younger: Keyondra Lockett Reveals Her Childhood Favorites [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Stuck On The Elevator [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Turn The Light On [VIDEO]
- Watch: Tasha Cobbs Leonard NPR Tiny Desk Concert [VIDEO]
- Houston Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson Baptized In Israel’s Jordan River
- James Fortune Releases New Single & Preps Lyric Video For “I Am”