The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin passed away and GRIFF loved her music. He talked to his mom who loved her music even more. GRIFF said the reason his mom loves her so much is because every in 1970, 1972 and another year he and his siblings were born.
He hinted at the fact that without Aretha him nor his siblings would be here. GRIFF thanked Aretha for all she did including making good music such as “Giving Him Something He Can Feel.” He couldn’t help but laugh after telling that story.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More