Erica Campbell loves Aretha Franklin. Over time she had the opportunity to speak with her. She mentioned that a couple years ago she picked up the phone to call her because Aretha had told her to reach out when she wanted.
Aretha talked to Erica and asked how she was doing. Erica spoke about how she had just had a baby and that she was releasing new music and people got upset about a particular white dress she wore. Aretha said, “You knew what you were doing,” and the said, “What you thought they were going to say.” Erica couldn’t do anything but say,”Yes mam I will never do that again.” Erica also mentioned she will never erase her number out her phone.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Healthy Ever After: Tips For People Caring For Loved Ones With Diabetes
- Mr. Griffin: “You Can Talk For Days, But Have You Talked To GOD?” [VIDEO]
- Black Women’s Equal Pay Requires Action Not Just A Day Of Reflection
- Michael Jai White Mourns Oldest Son Who Died From COVID-19
- Skateboarding Star Terry Kennedy Charged With First-Degree Murder
- Beyoncé’s Mom Thinks “BLACK IS KING” Lacked Promo By Disney+ Due To Racism
- You Go Girl: This Popular Actress Is Now The Richest In Hollywood
- Jonathan McReynolds & Mali Music Announce Joint Tour
- Balance Beam Biles Wins Her 7th Olympic Medal
- U.S. Senate Designates November As Hip-Hop History Month & More