Erica Campbell loves Aretha Franklin. Over time she had the opportunity to speak with her. She mentioned that a couple years ago she picked up the phone to call her because Aretha had told her to reach out when she wanted.
Aretha talked to Erica and asked how she was doing. Erica spoke about how she had just had a baby and that she was releasing new music and people got upset about a particular white dress she wore. Aretha said, “You knew what you were doing,” and the said, “What you thought they were going to say.” Erica couldn’t do anything but say,”Yes mam I will never do that again.” Erica also mentioned she will never erase her number out her phone.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Barack and Michelle Obama Preparing To Purchase Mansion In Martha’s Vineyard
- 12-Year-Old Twins Create Care Packages For Girls In Need
- #BossMoves: Ciara And Russell Wilson Are The Co-Owners Of A Pro Soccer Team
- #BlackGirlMagic: Coco Gauff Aces New ‘Teen Vogue’ Cover
- NBA Star Kawhi Leonard Donates One Million Backpacks To Underserved Children In Los Angeles
- ‘Sunday Best’ Contestants Joshua Copeland & Melvin Crispell III Share Their Greatest Moments
- Dave Chappelle Is Hosting A Free Block Party In Dayton, Ohio Following The City’s Mass Shooting
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas Unveiled Their Aaliyah Wax Figure [PHOTO]
- People Weren’t Too Pleased That Rihanna Will Honor Shaun King At Her Annual Diamond Ball
- “I’ve Done It Twice” Angela Bassett Reveals She’s Had Botox