Erica Campbell loves Aretha Franklin. Over time she had the opportunity to speak with her. She mentioned that a couple years ago she picked up the phone to call her because Aretha had told her to reach out when she wanted.
Aretha talked to Erica and asked how she was doing. Erica spoke about how she had just had a baby and that she was releasing new music and people got upset about a particular white dress she wore. Aretha said, “You knew what you were doing,” and the said, “What you thought they were going to say.” Erica couldn’t do anything but say,”Yes mam I will never do that again.” Erica also mentioned she will never erase her number out her phone.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Rance Allen, ‘The Father Of Contemporary Gospel Music’ Passes Away
- Nora Jones Goes Viral After Praying For The City of Detroit [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Hezekiah Walker Introduces New ‘Hez House Entertainment’ Artist Vincent Bohanan [VIDEO]
- Prices Going Up: Netflix Subscriptions Increased!
- Data Shows Older Black Voters In Key Battleground States Have Already Made Election History
- Pastor Reginald Sharpe Shares Why He Supports Divorce [VIDEO]
- Vanessa Williams Accidentally Set Her Hair On Fire When She Was A Child
- How To Deal With Election Anxiety
- Tobe Nwigwe Brings Jesus Center Stage At The 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards [VIDEO]
- Mr. Griffin: Remember God’s Promises [VIDEO]