Erica Campbell loves Aretha Franklin. Over time she had the opportunity to speak with her. She mentioned that a couple years ago she picked up the phone to call her because Aretha had told her to reach out when she wanted.
Aretha talked to Erica and asked how she was doing. Erica spoke about how she had just had a baby and that she was releasing new music and people got upset about a particular white dress she wore. Aretha said, “You knew what you were doing,” and the said, “What you thought they were going to say.” Erica couldn’t do anything but say,”Yes mam I will never do that again.” Erica also mentioned she will never erase her number out her phone.
RELATED: Erica Campbell Talks About How She Feels While On Her Weight Loss Journey [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Erica Campbell On How She & Her Husband Are Keeping Each Other Motivated During Their Wellness Journeys
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
RELATED: Warryn & Erica Campbell Explain Why Sex Is Better When You’re Married [VIDEO]
- Thieves Steal $1 Million In Jewels & Handbags From Shannon Sharpe’s L.A. Home
- Inspirational Lifestyles: One Minute Inspirations – Redeeming The Time
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard Is Number 1 On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart this Week (Week of May 27, 2023)
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Happy World Africa Day! Learn About The 54 Countries of Africa
- GoFundMe Started To Help Family Of Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Viral Incident
- President Biden To Nominate Gen Charles “CQ” Brown As Next Chairman of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff
- DOE Chats About Latest Single, “Lead Us Again”
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Talks Pregnancy 'I Felt The Presence Of God This Time Around'
Kevin Hart Is Speechless After Sending His Daughter Off To Prom: ‘I Have No Words’
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
He’s Back! Jamie Foxx Announces Return To TV With New Show
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Halle Bailey Reveals Sister Chloe Bailey’s Sweet Reaction To Seeing ‘The Little Mermaid’ For The First Time
GoFundMe For Sarah Jane Comrie Surges To Help ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Pay ‘Mounting’ Legal Bills
Viola Davis Stuns In Valentino At The Cannes Film Festival