Erica Campbell loves Aretha Franklin. Over time she had the opportunity to speak with her. She mentioned that a couple years ago she picked up the phone to call her because Aretha had told her to reach out when she wanted.
Aretha talked to Erica and asked how she was doing. Erica spoke about how she had just had a baby and that she was releasing new music and people got upset about a particular white dress she wore. Aretha said, “You knew what you were doing,” and the said, “What you thought they were going to say.” Erica couldn’t do anything but say,”Yes mam I will never do that again.” Erica also mentioned she will never erase her number out her phone.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Tye Tribbett Talks “New” Single, Bringing Kids To Christ & More
- Kanye West’s 2020 Election Fund Was Allegedly Hacked To Pay Off Credit Card Bills
- Death Toll Grows In Texas School Shooting
- Report: Multiple Fatalities, Several Others Injured In Texas Shooting
- Black Woman Threatened With Eviction After Complaints Of Daughter’s Twerking At Pool
- Black Mothers Are Voting To Protect Autonomy And Freedom
- Cops Cleared For Violent Arrests At George Floyd Protest
- Teacher Suspended For Asking Students To “Identify The Primate” In Pics Of Barack Obama & Monkeys
- Bill Cosby's Latest Sex Assault Case Quietly Begins
- HGTV Star Breegan Jane Discusses The 3 Things You Need To Make Your Outdoor Space Pop