In 2012, Joshua Rogers became the youngest and first male artist to win on the hit show “Sunday’s Best.” He spoke about how his life changed that year on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell.” It took him a long time to actually realize that he won, but also received different comments from people about the fact that he won only because he was a guy and not the fact that he was so talented.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rogers hasn’t released an album in nearly 5 years and is ready to give fans new music. His new single “Pour Your Oil,” is amazing and so many love it. During the interview Rogers mentioned he didn’t realize it’s been that long since he put out music.
With this album “Returning,” it’s all about coming to grips with certain things in his life. He said, “It’s coming from a place of where I’ve been and where I want to go.” Since his last album he’s been on a journey. He’s building a better relationship with God and his family. During the interview Rogers also spoke about how he used to fear singing and recited his favorite Bible verse before every performance. We can’t wait to hear this new album!
- SEMAJE Introduces Us To His New Single ‘You’ [Listen]
- Civil Rights Leaders Rejoice As Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson Sworn In As First Black Woman SCOTUS Justice
- Watch: Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know – Remedy for Weariness (June 30th)
- Ricky Dillard Is Number One This Week On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart
- White Kansas Man Sentenced To 27 Years In Prison For Threatening Black Man Walking In ‘White Town’
- Ketanji Brown Jackson Officially Sworn In As First Black Woman On Supreme Court Bench
- ‘Serve It And Charge Her’: Emmett Till’s Family Wants White Woman Arrested Amid Discovery Of 1955 Warrant
- Babyface Signs With Capitol Records, Unveils New Project ‘Girls Night Out’
- R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Federal Sex Trafficking & Abuse Case