Syleena Johnson has been in the music industry for years and currently is a host on the TV One show “Sister Circle.” She spoke with “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell,” about her new book ‘The Weight Is Over,’ where she shared stories of battling a low self-esteem as well as trying different diets to make others happy. Johnson mentioned that she’s gone through ups and downs in her weight and she’s finally happy just being her.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She realized years ago that the mental battle of weight is tied to self-love. Johnson said, “We have to look into the mirror and be okay with what God gave us, then we can decide to change or improve it.” She spoke to Erica Campbell about how she never thought anything was wrong with her body until entering the entertainment industry. She was about five foot ten and weighed 185 pounds. During that time a lot of the female entertainers were five foot two and weighed 115 pounds.
For years she tried to compete with something that isn’t possible. She began loving herself for who she is especially after meeting her husband. Johnson mentioned to Erica that if he could love her however she looked then she needed to learn how to love herself the same way. She also spoke about how you get tired of trying to impress others and begin to care for yourself more.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile Is Taking Her Talents To Fox News
- Kanye’s Sunday Service: DMX Gives Us A Much Need Prayer & North West Steals The Show [VIDEO]
- Soledad O’Brien Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother Just 40 Days After Father’s Death
- How To Properly Cuddle Your Partner
- Louisiana Accidentally Gave Back $26 Million In Tax Refunds
- Alicia Keys Will Release Her Memoir ‘More Myself’ In November
- Duke Divinity School Student-Pastor Shot In Costco Parking Lot
- Joel Osteen Goes Behind The Camera To Executive Produce “Jesus: His Life” Series [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Plank Abs [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Police Seek To Charge Mother In Death Of Little Black Girl Found In Duffel Bag