On the next episode of Iyanla’s House of Healing: Fix a Black Man’s Heart, Part 1, spiritual life coach Iyanla Vanzant returns to the “House of Healing” with six African American men struggling with broken spirits and broken hearts.
The men—which include a man attempting to build a life for himself after numerous stints in jail to a former singer who struggles with feelings of abandonment to a father looking to mend a relationship with his famous socialite daughter—are struggling with their identities due to the effects of feeling criminalized, dehumanized and victimized by society.”
Among the men seeking guidance are Boyz II Men’s Michael McCary, singer-songwriter Kevin McCall, and socialite Lira Galore’s father Terrance. Preacher and motivational speaker Devon Franklin visits the house to help identify tools for healing.
Kevin McCall has long struggled to express his anger constructively, having always been encouraged by his father to “win” physical fights. Now, in an emotional one-on-one session with Iyanla, Kevin opens up about what he wishes his father understood about him all those years ago: “I wasn’t a wimp. I was just a good person.”
Michael McCary of Boyz II Men Fame Sums Up His Feelings of Ex-Bandmates | Iyanla: Fix My Life | OWN
Many people know him as Mike Bass of Boyz II Men, but this 44-year-old singer has joined Iyanla’s “House of Healing” to address who he is as Michael McCary, the person, not the performer. The big issue Michael must confront is his sense of abandonment, which he experienced in 2003 when he and Boyz II Men parted ways. Here, Michael opens up about the “betrayal” and “broken bond” with which he has been struggling.
Part 1 of 3 airs Saturday, October 29 (9 p.m. – 10 p.m. ET/PT) on OWN.
Changing Of The Guards: Our Picks For The Most Influential Women
1. Anjelica Nwandu – founder and President of The Shade RoomSource: 1 of 18
2. Janelle Monae – singer, activistSource: 2 of 18
3. Andra Day – singerSource: 3 of 18
4. Cari Champion – host of SportscenterSource: 4 of 18
5. Zendaya – actressSource: 5 of 18
6. Zuri Hall – E! News correspondentSource: 6 of 18
7. Aja Naomi – actressSource: 7 of 18
8. Jessica Williams – actress and comedianSource: 8 of 18
9. Luvvie Ajayi – blogger and writerSource: 9 of 18
10. Ayesha Curry – authorSource: 10 of 18
11. Keke Palmer – actressSource: 11 of 18
12. Courtney Kemp Agboh – creator of PowerSource: 12 of 18
13. Issa Rae – writer, director, producerSource: 13 of 18
14. Nicki Minaj – the only rap chick on the Forbes listSource: 14 of 18
15. Kim Kardashian West – media mogulSource: 15 of 18
16. Yara Shahidi – actress, activistSource: 16 of 18
17. Serena Williams – the GOATSource: 17 of 18
18. Solange – A. Seat. At. The. Table.Source: 18 of 18
#IyanlaFixMyLife: Singers Kevin McCall & Boyz II Men’s Michael McCary Join House Of Healing [VIDEO] was originally published on majicatl.com