First Lady Michelle Obama Says Farewell to the White House — An Oprah Winfrey Special, will be filmed in the First Family’s private residence and air on CBS December 19 at 8 p.m EST. OWN will re-air the special on Dec. 21 at 9 p.m EST.
Winfrey will serve as executive producer along with OWN Studios and Tara Montgomery, OWN’s Creative Executive Vice President of Programming, Production & Development.
Winfrey, a close friend and supporter of the Obamas, has interviewed the First Couple on numerous occasions. This past June, Winfrey and the First Lady carried out a thorough discussion at the White House’s United State of Women Summit.
It’s speculated that the interview will focus on FLOTUS’ 8-year-impact and her future plans once the family leaves the White House on January 20.
The First Couple made a commitment to work with underprivileged youth under President Obama’s initiative, My Brother’s Keeper, and will also continue Michelle Obama’s impassioned campaign to expand education for girls.
10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. Amazing SpeechesSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Flawless FashionsSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Health InitiativesSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Her Cool FriendsSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Black Girl MagicSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Supporting BarackSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Mom GoalsSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Memorable TV AppearancesSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. IconicSource:Getty 9 of 9
SOURCE: POLITICO | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Oprah Lands Michelle Obama’s Last White House Interview was originally published on newsone.com