The 49th annual NAACP Image Awards just ended and it was night full of celebration, laughter and activism. Host and winner for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Anthony Anderson led the show with a perfect mix of jokes and honoring winners. Everyone from Halle Berry to Chadwick Boseman to Terry Crews to Michael B. Jordan graced the stage.
Some notable wins included Omari Hardwick winning his first Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series for Power, Danny Glover presented with the President’s Award, Girls Trip winning Outstanding Motion Picture and Ava DuVernay honored with Entertainer Of The Year. Ava gave an epic speech, check it out:
Anthony Anderson killed it as host and this particular Omarosa joke set the Internet on fire. Anderson said during the opening monologue, “I hear Omarosa is getting ten million dollars for a book deal about her life in the White House. Hasn’t that book and movie already been made? It’s called The Help!” Reportedly, Omarosa was in the building and Twitter went off:
Congrats to everyone celebrated at tonight’s NAACP Image Awards. You can see the full list of winners here.
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- #ICYMI: The 13th Annual Praise 104.1/Spirit 1340 Spirit Of Praise Celebration! [WATCH]
- Moving Beyond the Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action
- 5 Events That Shaped Black History Month In The UK
- Common Helps Create Music Recording Studio At Illinois Correctional Center
- Solange’s Saint Heron To Launch Library That Amplifies The Work Of Black Creators
- Track Star Allyson Felix Named Women’s Sports Foundation’s Sportswoman Of The Year
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Howard University Receives Largest Alumni Donation In Its 154-Year History
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside
NAACP Image Awards Breaks The Internet With Laughs, Activism & Star Power was originally published on newsone.com