The 49th annual NAACP Image Awards just ended and it was night full of celebration, laughter and activism. Host and winner for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Anthony Anderson led the show with a perfect mix of jokes and honoring winners. Everyone from Halle Berry to Chadwick Boseman to Terry Crews to Michael B. Jordan graced the stage.
Some notable wins included Omari Hardwick winning his first Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series for Power, Danny Glover presented with the President’s Award, Girls Trip winning Outstanding Motion Picture and Ava DuVernay honored with Entertainer Of The Year. Ava gave an epic speech, check it out:
Anthony Anderson killed it as host and this particular Omarosa joke set the Internet on fire. Anderson said during the opening monologue, “I hear Omarosa is getting ten million dollars for a book deal about her life in the White House. Hasn’t that book and movie already been made? It’s called The Help!” Reportedly, Omarosa was in the building and Twitter went off:
Congrats to everyone celebrated at tonight’s NAACP Image Awards. You can see the full list of winners here.
- Alabama Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday To Fulfill The Wish Of Boy Living With Autism And Cerebral Palsy
- McDonald’s Employee Fired After Calling Customer The N-Word [Video]
- Report: Travis Scott Consulted With Colin Kaepernick About His Super Bowl LIII Halftime Gig
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord I Need Peace [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Be Slow To Speak And Slow To Get Angry [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Serena Williams Wins Her First Australian Open Match, Iyanla Vanzant Reveals She Turned Down To Help R. Kelly & More
- Stellar Awards 2019: The Nominees Are In!
- Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead at 97
- Pastor Gunned Down While Opening The Church Doors For Service
- Casey J To Release New Album, ‘The Gathering’
NAACP Image Awards Breaks The Internet With Laughs, Activism & Star Power was originally published on newsone.com