The 49th annual NAACP Image Awards just ended and it was night full of celebration, laughter and activism. Host and winner for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Anthony Anderson led the show with a perfect mix of jokes and honoring winners. Everyone from Halle Berry to Chadwick Boseman to Terry Crews to Michael B. Jordan graced the stage.
Some notable wins included Omari Hardwick winning his first Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series for Power, Danny Glover presented with the President’s Award, Girls Trip winning Outstanding Motion Picture and Ava DuVernay honored with Entertainer Of The Year. Ava gave an epic speech, check it out:
Anthony Anderson killed it as host and this particular Omarosa joke set the Internet on fire. Anderson said during the opening monologue, “I hear Omarosa is getting ten million dollars for a book deal about her life in the White House. Hasn’t that book and movie already been made? It’s called The Help!” Reportedly, Omarosa was in the building and Twitter went off:
Congrats to everyone celebrated at tonight’s NAACP Image Awards. You can see the full list of winners here.
- Retired Minister Could Possibly Be Evicted For Holding Bible Study In His Apartment
- Syleena Johnson Shares How The Entertainment Business Made Her Develop A Low Self-Esteem In Her New Book “The Weight Is Over” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Knowing Your Family History Could Possibly Prevent Breast Cancer [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Deitrick Haddon Pens Three Songs On Usher’s New Album, ‘A’
- Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me”
- Travis Greene Announces ‘See the Light’ Tour, Reveals New Single With Jekalyn Carr
- From Oprah To Chance The Rapper, African-Americans Are Trying To Fight Hunger In Practical Ways
- Wife Of Temptations’ Dennis Edwards Denies Abusing Him Before His Death
- Here’s How Sears Had Unexpected Influence With Black Shoppers
- Orlando Brown Checks Into Rehab
NAACP Image Awards Breaks The Internet With Laughs, Activism & Star Power was originally published on newsone.com