Over 50 years ago, Sylvia Traymore Morrison began her career as an impressionist. She traveled around opening for music greats such as Whitney Houston and more. While on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell,” Morrison showed off some of her skills by doing impressions of Whoopi Goldberg and Wendy Williams.
Morrison is known for giving Black women impressionist a platform when they didn’t have one. She wants to always be known as the great hustler. Morrison also talked about her new book “Jelly Beans From Heaven,” which is all about prayer request to God.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: Spelman College Receives $30 Million Donation, Janet Jackson To Be Inducted Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame & More
- How Pushing Boundaries Has Helped Deitrick Haddon Fulfill His Purpose [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- CoverGirl Launches Full Spectrum, A Beauty Collection For Women Of Color
- Kotex Recalls Tampons After Some Unravel Inside Women’s Bodies
- Single Mother Gets The Surprise Of A Lifetime From Her Bank [VIDEO]
- Nancy Wilson Dies At The Age Of 81
- ‘Lynching,’ Blackface And An Afro Wig: Black Cops Terrorized By Racist White Coworkers, Lawsuit Says
- Shaunie O’Neal’s Son Goes In For Heart Surgery: ‘If Only I Could Take His Place Today’
- Get Up! News Roundup: Michelle Obama Adds Dates To Her Book Tour, Robert Townsend Wants To Create “The Five Heartbeats” Broadway Play & More
- Oprah Responds To The Old Video Where She Calls Out A Guest For Her Unseasoned Chicken