Big Shiz (also known as LaShawn Daniels) the urgency he felt to make “Again Love,” after moving to Charlotte. So quickly after moving, he explains, that his house had no furniture. In the middle of the night, he used a blanket to create a studio & recorded it right then and there. And that is exactly what you are hearing on the song as it is now.
Big Shiz details the process of “mapping out the sound they were trying to create,” and what exactly that means. He talks about his tendency to aim for creating a type of feeling when writing a song. He explains why he didn’t want to label it gospel, noting, “we didn’t want to make anything that feels like a try.” Big Shiz also talks about his admiration for Teddy Riley and his group Guy, and recreating the feeling he felt the first time he heard “Smile.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Jonathan McReynolds Talks New Album ‘You Have To Understand That God’s In Charge’
- Healthy Ever After: Dr. Flava Gives Foods To Boost Your Immune System
- GRAMMY Award-winning Gospel Artist, Erica Campbell, Celebrates A New Career Milestone As She Preps The Release Of Her Next Album
- Quinta Brunson Signs Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- ‘Defund The FBI’: Republicans Are Really Losing Their Minds Over The FBI Raid Of Mar-a-Lago
- Bishop TD Jakes, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! Returns “Home” to Atlanta for Grand Finale Sept. 22-24
- Halle Bailey Owns The Cover Of Variety Magazine’s Power Of Young Hollywood Issue
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Accused Of Receiving $1 Million From ‘Segregationists’ Schools In New Political Ad
- Kathy Hilton Mistakes Lizzo For ‘Precious’ Star Gabourey Sidibe On ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- Al Sharpton To Deliver Eulogy In Funeral For Brianna Grier, Ben Crump To Deliver Call To Action