Big Shiz (also known as LaShawn Daniels) the urgency he felt to make “Again Love,” after moving to Charlotte. So quickly after moving, he explains, that his house had no furniture. In the middle of the night, he used a blanket to create a studio & recorded it right then and there. And that is exactly what you are hearing on the song as it is now.
Big Shiz details the process of “mapping out the sound they were trying to create,” and what exactly that means. He talks about his tendency to aim for creating a type of feeling when writing a song. He explains why he didn’t want to label it gospel, noting, “we didn’t want to make anything that feels like a try.” Big Shiz also talks about his admiration for Teddy Riley and his group Guy, and recreating the feeling he felt the first time he heard “Smile.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Jonathan McReynolds & Mali Music Announce Joint Tour
- U.S. Senate Designates November As Hip-Hop History Month & More
- Stellar Award Winners Maverick City Music Share What It Means To Win New Artist & Album Of The Year
- Dolly Parton Used Her Whitney Houston Royalties To Help A Black Community
- Study Confirms Cops Treat Black Drivers With Less Respect Than White Counterparts
- Simone Biles Returns For The Final Event Of The Tokyo Olympics
- Biz Markie Funeral Is Monday, Rev. Al Sharpton To Deliver Eulogy
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Philadelphia Black Man Freed After Three Decades in Prison Based Off 30-Year-Old Evidence Already In The System
- Jamaican Athlete Elaine Thompson-Herah Breaks Flo-Jo’s Olympic Record In Women’s 100 Meters