Big Shiz (also known as LaShawn Daniels) the urgency he felt to make “Again Love,” after moving to Charlotte. So quickly after moving, he explains, that his house had no furniture. In the middle of the night, he used a blanket to create a studio & recorded it right then and there. And that is exactly what you are hearing on the song as it is now.
Big Shiz details the process of “mapping out the sound they were trying to create,” and what exactly that means. He talks about his tendency to aim for creating a type of feeling when writing a song. He explains why he didn’t want to label it gospel, noting, “we didn’t want to make anything that feels like a try.” Big Shiz also talks about his admiration for Teddy Riley and his group Guy, and recreating the feeling he felt the first time he heard “Smile.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Watch: Todd Galberth Releases Music Video For “Better Than Good”
- Burt’s Bees Issues An Apology After Offensive Holiday Ad Features A Fatherless Black Family
- Sneak Peek: Chloe x Halle In Upcoming ‘Disney Holiday Singalong’
- GRAMMYs 2021: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- David Dinkins, First Black Mayor Of New York City, Dies At 93
- 21-Year-Old Breonna Taylor Protest Leader Hazma ‘Travis’ Nagdy Killed In Fatal Shooting
- ‘Blessed’: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Would Be Just Second Black Woman Ambassador To United Nations
- Marvel Studio’s Announces Production Date For ‘Black Panther’ Sequel
- China McClain: ‘I Am Doing God’s Work Now’ [VIDEO]
- Steve King’s Racist ‘Slave’ Attack On Kamala Harris Renews False Birther Conspiracy Theory