Big Shiz (also known as LaShawn Daniels) the urgency he felt to make “Again Love,” after moving to Charlotte. So quickly after moving, he explains, that his house had no furniture. In the middle of the night, he used a blanket to create a studio & recorded it right then and there. And that is exactly what you are hearing on the song as it is now.
Big Shiz details the process of “mapping out the sound they were trying to create,” and what exactly that means. He talks about his tendency to aim for creating a type of feeling when writing a song. He explains why he didn’t want to label it gospel, noting, “we didn’t want to make anything that feels like a try.” Big Shiz also talks about his admiration for Teddy Riley and his group Guy, and recreating the feeling he felt the first time he heard “Smile.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Sybil Wilkes Shares What You Need To Know About Trump’s Impeachment
- Married Couple Who Paid Off $114,000 Debt In 23 Months Shares How They Did It! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Human Trafficking Overweight Individuals [VIDEO]
- Kobe Bryant & His Daughter Took Communion In Church Before Fatal Crash
- Everything You Need To Know About The Unsung Cruise
- Faith Walking: What Does A Blessing Look Like? [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: We Laugh Together, We Cry Together [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For People Who Owe People Money [VIDEO]
- Rickey Smiley To Host 21st Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration
- Gospel Community Reacts To Kobe Bryant’s Death On Social Media