Big Shiz, also known as LaShawn Daniels, talks about where the name “Big Shiz,” came from. The first time he flew out to California and he was scared to death of flying. When he and music partner Rodney Jerkins got off the plane, a man named Frank Edwards, whom had never met, greeted him warmly and exclaimed “Shiz!” He made him feel at home and welcome, and made sure he was taken care of during his stay. Then, he passed away abruptly, about a week later.
He says ever since that time, the nickname given to him by such a pure, kind-spirited man, stuck. Now, he says he thinks of it as not only a tribute to Frank, but as a reminder to the standard by which he seeks to operate. He talks about “Big Shiz” as a nod to ourselves as a growing, evolving beings, and an intentional departure from the formalness of his first name, “LaShawn.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Angela Simmons Has A New Boo, Boxer Daniel Jacobs
- Simon Cowell Breaks His Back While Testing Electric Motorcycle
- Say It With The Word: Scripture of the Week
- Keke Palmer Announces She Will Host The 2020 VMA’s And New Show On Disney Plus
- Are You Cleaning Your Phone Properly?
- Alicia Keys Is Launching A Skin Care Line With E.l.f.
- K-Ci Hailey Debuts Gospel Single, Reflects On Faith Walk [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Southwest Airlines No Longer Cleaning Planes Between Flights
- Michelle Obama Reveals She’s Dealing With ‘Low-Grade’ Depression
- Disney+ Announces Keke Palmer To Voice Activist Character For Revival of The Proud Family