Big Shiz, (a.k.a. LaShawn Daniels) explains what he means when he says he’s “not becoming an artist,” despite the fact that he has created his own project. Instead, he says, this is a project he created because he felt compelled to say something. Big Shiz explains why he’s not putting traditional gospel music down by aiming to create hip-hop, and why he can’t risk the audience feeling like he’s trying.
“It’s a lot of cool people who love God,” Big Shiz says. Big Shiz talks about doing “I Luh God,” and why he’s hesitant with being heavy-handed with “trap gospel” sounds on the new project. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this interview on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- How Israel Houghton & Adrienne Bailon Did On “Celebrity Family Feud” [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Pray Like Your Mama & Daddy [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Dawn Strozier’s Tips For People Who Want To Lose Weight Quickly [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Ericaism: I’ve Fallen And I CAN Get Up [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Will McMillan Tells What Inspired Him To Cover James Cleveland’s “Best Thing” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: Planning With Preparation (#CountUpTheCost) [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Should Men Who Date Much Younger Women Be Called? [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Women Blaming Their Edges Issues On Humidity [EXCLUSIVE]
- Chef Jernard Offers Tips On Cooking Tasty, Healthy Food For Your Partner That Satisfies Your Soul Food Cravings
- LeToya Luckett Opens Up About Married Life [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]