Big Shiz, (a.k.a. LaShawn Daniels) explains what he means when he says he’s “not becoming an artist,” despite the fact that he has created his own project. Instead, he says, this is a project he created because he felt compelled to say something. Big Shiz explains why he’s not putting traditional gospel music down by aiming to create hip-hop, and why he can’t risk the audience feeling like he’s trying.
“It’s a lot of cool people who love God,” Big Shiz says. Big Shiz talks about doing “I Luh God,” and why he’s hesitant with being heavy-handed with “trap gospel” sounds on the new project. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this interview on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Family Members You Might Bump Into At A Black Funeral [VIDEO]
- Jonathan McReynolds Talks About Making Music People Can Relate To [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Anthony Brown Explains How God Pushed Him To Do The “I Got That” Music Video [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Joy Hill Speaks On How She’s Open To Love Again [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- How Joy Hill Found Her Inner Strength After Going Through Divorce [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Get Up Poll: How Do You Get Over A Breakup? [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF Prayer: God Bless The Counselors [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Kierra Sheard Started Her Own Clothing Line [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Ericaism: Fake Peace [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Keep Your Peace Of Mind [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]