Several school districts in Oklahoma, Arizona and Kentucky are suffering after teachers went on strike. Teachers are demanding more pay and students are standing with them to get it. TJ spoke about how she used to be a substitute teacher and how hard it was.
She mentioned that you make a connection with students and then have to leave them. A lot of the kids that weren’t well behaved needed extra love and care, once TJ was able to give them that she had to go. It hurt a lot of the children, but she made sure to visit them.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Introducing: Randy Weston Of Judah Band Breaks Down Their Heavenly New Single “Making A Way”
- Get Up Prayer: “Help Us Realize God, You Are In Control” [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Rap Legend Darryl “DMC” McDaniels Talks About His New Book “Darryl’s Dream” [Listen]
- Here Are 5 Of The Most Beautifully Written Quotes From Black History
- ‘Unbought And Unbossed’ At 50: Shirley Chisholm Continues To Inspire Black Women In Politics
- Georgia Pastor Curtis Keith Bankston Accused Of Trapping 8 People In His Basement
- Regina King Speaks On 26-Year-Old Son’s Death: ‘Our Family Is Devastated’
- RIP Ian Alexander Jr.: Final Social Media Posts From Regina King’s Only Son Suggest His Career Was About To Take Off
- Secretary Deb Haaland Sees Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill As Pathway To Addressing Environmental Racism
- Anthony Mackie To Direct Film About Civil Rights Trailblazer Claudette Colvin