There were so many amazingly beautiful and touching moments during the royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, but one of our favorites included an amazing choir that totally brought down the house.
The Kingdom Choir, from South East England, sang Ben E. King’s classic song “Stand by Me” and “This Little Light Of Mine.”
Take a look for yourself:
Clearly, the majority Black choir was excited to take part in this history-making moment.
“We are extremely excited to be taking part in such a historic moment and know that it is one that we will always treasure,” the choir said in a statement.
“We’d like to take this opportunity to wish the couple all the very best for their coming union and thank them once again for their kind invitation.”
Led by founder and director Karen Gibson, the award-winning multi-denominational choir has been in existence for nearly 20 years, performing all over the world.
“I started The Kingdom Choir in response to a request from the BBC, who needed a choir for a special program they were broadcasting,” she said on the choir’s Facebook page.
“I now know that this was not a random incident or by accident, but the beginning of something that has blossomed in purpose and passion.”
The royal wedding wasn’t the first time they have performed for Queen. They performed at the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, celebrating her 50 years on the throne, in 2002, ABC News reported.
- Zacardi Cortez Announces “Imprint Experience” Tour
- Gerber Recalls Baby Formula Due to Bacteria Contamination
- Women of the Bible: Herodias
- Fox News Host Whitesplains Why Conservatives Can’t Define ‘Woke,’ Says It’s Just A ‘Feeling’
- Justice For Randy Cox: Police Chief Finally Recommends Firing Officers Who Paralyzed Black Man
- Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
- Video Provides Details On What Happened To Irvo Otieno, Who Was Allegedly Killed While In Police Custody
- Robin Roberts Talks “Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts,” Telling Stories Of Women & More
- Keke Palmer Says Of All Her Careers, Motherhood Is Her ‘Greatest Gig Of All’
- Tye Tribbett Brings The Gospel To NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts
Oprah Winfrey Shares A Secret About Her Outfit For The Royal Wedding
Three Ways You Can Revamp Your Wardrobe Like Meghan Markle
The Obamas Are Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding
The Black Choir That Gave Us Chills Singing “Stand By Me” At The Royal Wedding [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Erica Campbell Set To Appear in the Lifetime Film 'Pride: A Seven Deadly Sins'
Kirk Franklin Becomes First Artist To Spend 100 Weeks At Number 1 On Songwriters Chart
5 Bible Verses To Help You Let Go And Let God
What The Spiritual And Biblical Meaning Of 11 Is
Jonathan McReynolds Talks Giving Up The Single Life And Ongoing ‘Feud’ With KevOnStage
All In The Eyes: Fans React To “That Look” Angela Bassett Gave After Major Oscars Upset
The Top 18 Red Carpet Looks from the 95th Academy Awards
Michael B. Jordan And Jonathan Majors Give Angela Bassett A Shoutout At The Oscars