Lonnie Hunter is a successful gospel singer, Stellar Award winner, pastor and radio personality. He talked about how music at a young age changed his life and how thankful he is for it. Lonnie’s godmother was the famous Albertina Walker.
They used to sing all the time together and when she passed away when he was 9 he wanted to keep her memory alive. Lonnie said, “I kept going and growing.” She planted a seed and he is so thankful for what she did for him. Lonnie also spoke about how God is governing our lives and to remember that he will never fail us.
Listen to “Get Up! Morning with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Washington Football Team Announces “Thorough Review” Of The Team’s Name
- HU! Five-Star High School Basketball Recruit Makur Maker Commits To Howard University
- A Night of Inspiration: Pre-Show [VIDEO]
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection Seize $800,000 Shipment Of Human Hair Weaves
- Mr. Griffin: It Takes Courage… Not Sometimes, But All The Time [VIDEO]
- Dr. Dre’s Wife Nicole Young Files For Divorce After 24 Years Of Marriage
- God Will Never Leave Nor Forsake Us [VIDEO]
- ‘A New Low’: Elijah McClain’s Family Reacts To Photos Of Cops ‘Re-enacting’ Chokehold Death
- Here’s Why Everyone From April Reign To Khloe Kardashian Is Tweeting #MailedIt
- Lawyer Who Pointed Gun At Protestors Says He Feared They Were Going To ‘Kill’ Him