Grab a tissue because GRIFF has us a little emotional this morning. GRIFF spoke about his 11-year-old daughter and spending quality time with her. She’s with him for the summer and talked about a special time called “Daddy Daughter Day.”
It’s a day to go to the park, read, bond and do nothing. He loves this time so much because it makes him realize how precious time is. They also walked to the movies yesterday and played games on the way, which makes GRIFF see that she’s growing up so fast.
He also teaches her about paying attention and about life. Before she leaves he wants her to learn how to play dominos and monopoly. GRIFF had a message for all these other dads and mentioned you don’t need to do a lot, but be present.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- What We Know About The Death And Alleged Murder Of Tamla Horsford
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More