Erica’s father Eddie was a huge influence in her life. Always providing some of the soundest advice and stories that she still leans on to this day. One of the best pieces of advice Eddie Atkins shared with Erica is to “always make moves when the dust settles”. Mr. Atkins also reminder her that you can “speak your truth in love”.
Even when you may disagree with someone, including family, friends and co-workers … you can find ways to let the word of God lead you when having challenging conversations and to do it with love. Sometimes your biggest emotions can help show you how to love, forgive and move forward.
You must keep love centered in everything you do – even is times of adversity … as 1 Corinthians 16:14 explains … Let all you do be done in love.
- Jonathan McReynolds & Koryn Hawthorne To Host Stellar Awards 2020 + Nominees Announced
- BET’s ‘Sunday Best’ Season 10 To Return Spring 2020
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Kanye West On His Battle With Alcohol: ‘Devil, You’re Not Going to Beat Me Today’
- Howard Thurman Helped Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Non-Violent Philosophy
- Pancreatic Cancer Hits Milestone With Double-Digit Survival Rates
- The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel Set for Release April 2020
- Marilyn Mosby Shares Racist Voicemail After St. Louis Visit: “Fat A**, Empowered Black Woman”
- Chante Moore Dishes On Her James Ingram Tribute At Urban One Honors! [EXCLUSIVE]