The American Music Awards were live last night from the Microsoft Theater in LA. Tracee Ellis Ross was the host and Erica Campbell as well as her sister, Tina Campbell were in attendance to give a tribute to Aretha Franklin. Erica spoke about what an amazing time it was meeting different artists, watching performances and singing for God.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Producers of the show were going to get other singers to perform, but one remembered that Franklin always closed her shows with a gospel song and that’s exactly what they wanted. They gathered CeCe Winans, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin and Rickey Minor to give an unforgettable performance.
Erica talked about a moment she had with Cardi B on the red carpet. The rapper was very nervous and Erica grabbed her hand and said I’m praying for you. Cardi B mentioned to Erica that she felt better with Erica being close and then said a curse, but Erica ended it by saying, “God bless you,” to her.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Lexi Releases New Single ‘Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)’
- WOW Gospel Releases 2019 Compilation Album
- Reporter For The Chicago Tribune Says He Had A “God Friended Me” Moment
- Maurette Brown Clark Teases New Music
- 3 People Arrested For Human Trafficking In Houston
- Yes: Restaurants Offering Free Discounts To Workers Affected By Government Shutdown
- Ericaism: Be Quiet Sometimes [VIDEO]
- GRIFF Prayer: The New Orleans Saints Were Robbed [VIDEO]
- Jackie Christie Debuts Bald New Look
- Praise! Former NFL Player Devon Still’s Daughter Is Still Cancer-Free