The American Music Awards were live last night from the Microsoft Theater in LA. Tracee Ellis Ross was the host and Erica Campbell as well as her sister, Tina Campbell were in attendance to give a tribute to Aretha Franklin. Erica spoke about what an amazing time it was meeting different artists, watching performances and singing for God.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Producers of the show were going to get other singers to perform, but one remembered that Franklin always closed her shows with a gospel song and that’s exactly what they wanted. They gathered CeCe Winans, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin and Rickey Minor to give an unforgettable performance.
Erica talked about a moment she had with Cardi B on the red carpet. The rapper was very nervous and Erica grabbed her hand and said I’m praying for you. Cardi B mentioned to Erica that she felt better with Erica being close and then said a curse, but Erica ended it by saying, “God bless you,” to her.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Price Explains How 2020 Inspired “Dance Party” Gospel Song
- New True-Crime Doc About The Murder of Jam Master Jay Coming To ABC Streaming Apps Friday
- 26-Year Veteran Police Officer Kimberly A. Potter Identified As Daunte Wright’s Killer
- Dr. Willie Jolley & His Wife Dee Taylor Talk New Book, ‘Make Love, Make Money & Make It Last In Marriage’
- FDA is Recommending Pausing the Use of Johnson and Johnson Vaccine in the U.S.
- Will Smith Pulls Film Out Of Georgia, Ignoring Post-Reconstruction Era Lessons In His Docuseries ‘Amend’
- 4 Times DMX’s Powerful Prayer Gave Us The Holy Spirit
- Memorial Services For DMX To Be Held At Yonkers Raceway
- BET’s ‘Baldwin Hills’ Star Gerren Taylor Dead at 30
- Black Owned Hair Care Brand Mielle Organics Secures $100 Million In Venture Capital Funding