The American Music Awards were live last night from the Microsoft Theater in LA. Tracee Ellis Ross was the host and Erica Campbell as well as her sister, Tina Campbell were in attendance to give a tribute to Aretha Franklin. Erica spoke about what an amazing time it was meeting different artists, watching performances and singing for God.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Producers of the show were going to get other singers to perform, but one remembered that Franklin always closed her shows with a gospel song and that’s exactly what they wanted. They gathered CeCe Winans, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin and Rickey Minor to give an unforgettable performance.
Erica talked about a moment she had with Cardi B on the red carpet. The rapper was very nervous and Erica grabbed her hand and said I’m praying for you. Cardi B mentioned to Erica that she felt better with Erica being close and then said a curse, but Erica ended it by saying, “God bless you,” to her.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Faith Walking: “Remember To Turn On The Light In Your Life” [LISTEN]
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threat at Tyler Perry Studios
- Does Walmart Really Sell ‘Juneteenth’ Ice Cream?
- Kimora Lee Simmons And Aoki Lee Simmons Give Us Mother Daughter Fashion Goals In Dior
- Jesse Williams And Scholly Launch Scholarship Fund
- Sabrina And Idris Elba Give Us Fashion Envy At Cannes Film Festival
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Earns Degree From Davidson
- CBC Wants Biden To Cancel Student Debt And More
- Jay-Z’s Venture Capital Firm Backs Black-Led Finance App
- Grassroots Progressive Organizers Are Transforming The Midterms Landscape