It’s been almost two months since the 2016 presidential election and the majority of us are still trying to forget the outcome. Unfortunately for the foreseeable future, we are stuck with one Donald Trump, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t bask in the glow of the last eight years under President Obama.
And apparently, President Obama also knows just how much Americans love him, as he has recently shared some thoughts about the 2016 election if he were allowed to run.
As reported by The Grio, President Obama went into detail regarding his ability to secure a third term as president if he could have run against Donald Trump.
“I am confident in this vision because I’m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could’ve mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,” he said.
President Obama also spoke highly of the campaign that Hillary Clinton ran, saying that she “performed wonderfully under really tough circumstances,” though he still feels they did not campaign hard enough.
Meanwhile, Donald Trump couldn’t wait to respond to President Obama claims and took to Twitter to give his unsolicited opinion.
Trump’s response to Obama’s claims of winning third term:
10 Reasons Why We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.1 of 9
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.2 of 9
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.3 of 9
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.4 of 9
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.5 of 9
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.6 of 9
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.7 of 9
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.8 of 9
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.9 of 9
10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. 10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Amazing Speeches2 of 10
3. Flawless Fashions3 of 10
4. Health Initiatives4 of 10
5. Her Cool Friends5 of 10
6. Black Girl Magic6 of 10
7. Supporting Barack7 of 10
8. Mom Goals8 of 10
9. Memorable TV Appearances9 of 10
10. Iconic10 of 10
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
If Allowed To Run For A Third Term, President Obama Confident He Would Have Won 2016 Election was originally published on hellobeautiful.com