Earlier this week, Isaiah Washington talked to “Get Up! Mornings” about his role in the new TVOne movie, “Behind The Movement.” He plays E.D. Nixon, an instrumental but little-known figure in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The movie sheds a lot of light on the parts of the Civil Rights movement that we don’t typically hear about, like the two women that refused to give up their seat before Rosa Parks.
GRIFF also shares a bit of black history, about baseball player Leroy Satchel Paige. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Creates Production Company, Inks Partnership With Netflix
- Fans Honor Injured NFL Player Tre’Davious White With $100K Food Bank Donation
- Historic First: Kiesha Nix Becomes First Black Woman VP In Los Angeles Lakers History
- Former President Barack Obama Surprises Youth At Chicago YMCA
- Serena Williams To Release Children’s Book Inspired By Daughter’s ‘Qai Qai’ Doll
- Hey Sis Hey! Shanta Atkins Talks New Single “Fight On” & More | Get Up! Exclusive
- Plumber Finds Cash, Checks Hidden In Wall Of Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church Years After $600K Burglary
- False Positive Or Fast Recovery? LeBron James Is Now Testing Negative For COVID-19
- Michael B. Jordan On Relationship With Lori Harvey: ‘I Finally Found What Love Was’
- Taraji P. Henson Shares The First Look At Her Character Ahead Of ‘Annie Live!’