Sorry ladies, but we’ve got some bad news for ya regarding actor Idris Elba. Actually you already know what the news is since you read the headline, but here are the deets.
Saturday morning in London, before a screening of “Yardie,” his directorial debut, the 45-year-old actor literally got down on bended knee and asked 29-year-old Sabrina Dhowre, the 2014 Miss Vancouver, to be his wife.
According to People, Elba and Dhowre met and fell head over heels for each other while he was making his 2017 movie, The Mountain Between Us, with Kate Winslet.
“Falling in love while making a movie about falling in love is pretty special,” the actor said.
In case you’re wondering, no, this would not be his first marriage. He’s been married twice before – to makeup artist Hanne Norgaard from 1999 to 2003 and to lawyer Sonya Hamlin for six months in 2006.
Elba and Norgaard have a daughter, Isan, who is 15. He also has a child with makeup artist Naiyana Garth: a 3-year-old named Winston.
Would you believe it was just months ago that Elba told Essence Magazine that he would never marry again?
Obviously something changed.
In other news about the actor, Elba is back and suited up as DI John Luther for the fifth installment of the British detective show Luther, which began production last month across the pond.
“It’s good to be back in London, back in the coat,” Elba says of his return in the four-parter alongside Dermot Crowley (Hard Sun), Michael Smiley (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) and Patrick Malahide (Game of Thrones) as DSU Martin Schenk, Benny Silver and George Cornelius.
BAFTA Award-winning actress Wunmi Mosaku (Black Mirror) joins the cast as new recruit D.S. Catherine Halliday.
When the moonless shadows of London give birth to a new nightmare, DCI John Luther must once again confront the depths of human depravity. As a series of monstrous killings becomes ever more audacious, Luther and new recruit D.S. Catherine Halliday are confounded by a tangle of leads and misdirection that seems designed to protect an unspeakable horror.
But, even as the case brings him closer than ever to the nature of true evil, a reluctant Luther must also face the ghosts of his own past. Striding back into the line of fire, he must choose who to protect… and who to sacrifice. Whatever his next move, it will have devastating consequences for those around him — and change John Luther forever.
- Exclusive: Geoffrey Golden Debuts New Song, “Jesus” [LISTEN]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: How To Respond With Your Best Ability [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Multiple Pets [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Recognize The Enemy’s Tactics [VIDEO]
- Finish The Lyric: How Well Do You Know These Jonathan McReynolds Songs?
- Mr. Griffin: Take Time To Heal [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Rocking ‘Timbs’ Draws Attention To Boot Company’s History Of Political Donations
- LeToya Luckett And Tommicus Walker Welcome Their Son Tysun Wolf Walker!
- Love Wins: WNBA Star Maya Moore Married Man She Help Free From Wrongful Conviction
- Report: Big Ten Football To Return In October
Our Favorite Celeb Engagement Rocks [PHOTOS]
1. Evelyn LozadaSource: 1 of 5
2. Gabrielle UnionSource: 2 of 5
3. Kelly RowlandSource: 3 of 5
4. Kim KardashianSource: 4 of 5
5. Yandy SmithSource: 5 of 5
PHOTO: PR Photos