National Signing Day is a big deal in college football, TJ explains. When a young wide receiver named Jacob Copeland decided on national television which college he wanted to attend, he was surrounded by friends and family, including his mother, who was in an Alabama t-shirt. When her son announced his decision to go with the Florida Gators, his mother got up and walked away from him live on TV. They seemed to have made up later, and Jacob further updated folks on the situation via his Twitter.
But GRIFF explains why the mother’s decision to do that was a majorly scarring moment for her son, who was embarrassed and hurt on national television. GRIFF and Erica Campbell talk about the common parenting using of being a mean or hurtful tactics to try make an impression on your child. Empowering your children, not tearing them down, is the best way to go. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- When I Was Younger: Kirk Franklin On Learning To Go Along With God’s Plan [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Todd Dulaney Gives His Opinion On The Worst Part Of Being A Dad
- Pastor Risks His Life To Help Rescue Thousands Of Cybersex Slaves
- Nas And Will Smith Are Investing In An App That Teaches Financial Literacy To Teenagers
- Jada Pinkett Smith To Receive “Trailblazer” Honor At MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Serena Williams Drops History Lesson While Braiding Her Daughter Olympia’s Hair
- William McDowell On Training Up Our Children To Know God
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. Charged In Groping Incident
- Social Media Users Think There Is A Serial Killer In The Dominican Republic
- Mom Seeking Answers After Cops Called On 10-Year-Old Son Over Play Money [Video]