National Signing Day is a big deal in college football, TJ explains. When a young wide receiver named Jacob Copeland decided on national television which college he wanted to attend, he was surrounded by friends and family, including his mother, who was in an Alabama t-shirt. When her son announced his decision to go with the Florida Gators, his mother got up and walked away from him live on TV. They seemed to have made up later, and Jacob further updated folks on the situation via his Twitter.
But GRIFF explains why the mother’s decision to do that was a majorly scarring moment for her son, who was embarrassed and hurt on national television. GRIFF and Erica Campbell talk about the common parenting using of being a mean or hurtful tactics to try make an impression on your child. Empowering your children, not tearing them down, is the best way to go. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Faith Walking: What Do You Do When Someone Receives What You’ve Been Praying For? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Michelle Williams Checks Into A Mental Health Facility & Gains Support From Fans
- Warryn Campbell Gives Juan Winans Tips On How To Have A Son [VIDEO]
- Celebrating The Life & Legacy Of Nelson Mandela [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer Delivered By His Funny Cousin [EXCLUSIVE]
- Dawn Strozier Shares Important Info About Sugar & Carbs [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Warryn & Erica Campbell Discuss The Importance Of Soul Ties In Marriage [VIDEO]
- White Woman Calls Cops On California Man Listening To A Yoga CD In His Car
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Docuseries Casting Info [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: Music Therapy Heals Me [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]