National Signing Day is a big deal in college football, TJ explains. When a young wide receiver named Jacob Copeland decided on national television which college he wanted to attend, he was surrounded by friends and family, including his mother, who was in an Alabama t-shirt. When her son announced his decision to go with the Florida Gators, his mother got up and walked away from him live on TV. They seemed to have made up later, and Jacob further updated folks on the situation via his Twitter.
But GRIFF explains why the mother’s decision to do that was a majorly scarring moment for her son, who was embarrassed and hurt on national television. GRIFF and Erica Campbell talk about the common parenting using of being a mean or hurtful tactics to try make an impression on your child. Empowering your children, not tearing them down, is the best way to go. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Why Do Black Voters Matter In Georgia? Black Voters Matters’ LaTosha Brown Explains Why
- Elon Musk Attacks Apple CEO After The Tech Company Allegedly Halted Advertisements
- Tia Mowry Takes to Instagram To Share How She’s Indulging In Self Care
- Santas Just Like Me Is Bringing The Gift Of Diversity To The Christmas Industry
- Money Moves: Tyler Perry & Amazon Studios Agree To A Four-Picture Film Deal
- What Happened To Markell Noah? 12-Year-Old Dies In Russian Roulette Game In Jackson, Mississippi
- Herschel Walker Says Trump Did The Most For Black People. Here’s Why He Doesn’t Know What He’s Talking About
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Happiness Is In Direct Proportion To Gratitude
- LL Cool J Set To Be Honored At 5th Urban One Honors
- Is It Time To Start A Home-Based Business? | Money Monday