National Signing Day is a big deal in college football, TJ explains. When a young wide receiver named Jacob Copeland decided on national television which college he wanted to attend, he was surrounded by friends and family, including his mother, who was in an Alabama t-shirt. When her son announced his decision to go with the Florida Gators, his mother got up and walked away from him live on TV. They seemed to have made up later, and Jacob further updated folks on the situation via his Twitter.
But GRIFF explains why the mother’s decision to do that was a majorly scarring moment for her son, who was embarrassed and hurt on national television. GRIFF and Erica Campbell talk about the common parenting using of being a mean or hurtful tactics to try make an impression on your child. Empowering your children, not tearing them down, is the best way to go. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kelly Price Breaks Her Silence On Her Disappearance, COVID Status “I Died”
- Historic Black Cemetery In Maryland Goes From Becoming A Parking Lot To Now Possibly Getting Built Over
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Hits Historic HBCU Fundraising Milestone
- New Music! John P. Kee Hilariously Sends A Message Through The Song “Suga Don’t Go On Grits”
- Beyoncé Pens Heartfelt Letter Thanking Fans For 40th Birthday Wishes: ‘I Cried Tears Of Joy’
- Jelani Day Found Dead After Missing Grad Student’s Disappearance Received Little Media Attention
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Thanks God For “Leading The Way” To Overcoming His COVID Battle
- Pastor John Gray Shuts Down Cheating Allegations Again & Talks ‘Trust Equity’ With His Wife
- He’s Back! Eddie Murphy Set To Star In 3 Films For Amazon, Lands First-Look Deal
- ‘Back To The Ballot Box’: Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote Launches National Voter Registration Week of Action